Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

6 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I'm hate Battlefield 1....mostly because I'm horrible at it and die every 20 seconds. 

I've watched youtube videos, read hints....nothing...still just as bad a day one. 

I had the same experience with it. I can never see any enemies most of the time and I just die. War isn't nearly as fun as every other video game has lead me to believe. 

The Division...bought it because my cousin had it who also plays PS4 but never really tried it. Started it up just before I left for work, couldn't put it down.

Not sure if it's the same with Xbox One, but I miss being able to wear headphones and still have the conversation come through the speakers on the TV as well. 

My GF gets a kick out of listening to 10 years talk sh** as they beat me in Madden. 

Edited by Pats#1

I'm not sure if it's better to have a thread for each game, a consolidated review thread, or to just post here but I felt like posting a quick review of a game I recently played. 

What Remains of Edith Finch has been on my mind since I played through it a week ago. I almost don't want to write anything about it because I feel like the less you know about the game, the better the experience is but a game likes this needs people to talk about it to get more people to play it. I'll keep discussion of the story light during this review because of this.

What Remains of Edith Finch is available on PC, PS4, and releases on XB1 today.

Launch Trailer

what-remains-of-edith-finch_teqx.jpg

What Remains of Edith Finch has you playing as Edith Finch. You are the last remaining Finch and have returned to your childhood home in search of answers as to what happened to your relatives. 

What Remains of Edith Finch falls firmly in the "walking simulator" game genre, most similar to 2013's Gone Home. What sets it apart from others in the genre is the various mini-games and scenarios between sections of exploration and discovery as you move from room to room in the house. These mini-games are how the game tells the stories of the various relatives. Each of these stories ends with the family members death. Because of the nature of these stories, the game may be depressing or disturbing . The storytelling is some of the very best of any video game ever. It truly showcases how the video game medium can be a powerful and effective tool at telling a story and conveying a narrative. Between the atmosphere of the house, the music, and the story, the experience is best described as immersive. My biggest caveat in recommending the game is that at about 2 hours in length, it's short for the asking price. 

+ Powerful, emotional, and thought provoking story
+ Highly immersive and atmospheric
+ Some fun mechanics in the mini-games 
-  Pricey for the overall length of content

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1