Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

42 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-and-sony-make-nice-announce-partnership-/1100-6466963/

Hmm... Never thought I'd see Microsoft and Sony being partners on anything gaming related... Not really sure what this means though tbh.

We might get more information during E3 in a few weeks.  Microsoft said they were going to go big.

5 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

It really feels like Microsoft lost this race, so they decided to just change the race completely. Still have no idea what they are doing, but they aint doing the console wars anymore lol

Xbox is like what, 5% of their total income as a company? If they lose the next gen they can just drop out. 

On 5/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, Calvert28 said:

This is either gonna be something great for the gaming community or it's going to be disastrous. 

Either way I'm sticking with my PC.

My guess is it's going to be a partnership in regards to cross platform multiplayer gaming....so that XBox gamers can play online vs Playstation gamers.

We'll see, I guess.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

My guess is it's going to be a partnership in regards to cross platform multiplayer gaming....so that XBox gamers can play online vs Playstation gamers.

We'll see, I guess.

That already exist in Fortnite.  Not sure why they need a partnership for that.  It's well documented that Sony is the one that is holding up cross play in SEVERAL games and not only with Xbox, but with PC as well.

It would be great if PS4 users had Xbox Live instead of PSN and everyone played under the same umbrella.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

That already exist in Fortnite.  Not sure why they need a partnership for that.  It's well documented that Sony is the one that is holding up cross play in SEVERAL games and not only with Xbox, but with PC as well.

It would be great if PS4 users had Xbox Live instead of PSN and everyone played under the same umbrella.

This is basically a "We'll work with microsoft to take on google" kinda statement. Plus microsoft has a lot more infrastructure in cloud services so this is a bridge to eventually having Sony Games run on their servers. 

3 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Oh sure, Microsoft doesn't need to, but it doesn't seem like they are giving up quite yet.

Nah they're going all in for next gen and embracing the PC market for the first time ever. 

Maybe even a multi-platform deal with Nintendo if they keep porting games. 

5 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Nah they're going all in for next gen and embracing the PC market for the first time ever. 

Maybe even a multi-platform deal with Nintendo if they keep porting games. 

That's what I meant in my original post. It seems like they are giving up on doing direct console wars. And when I say they aren't giving up, I mean they will still have their feet in the video game market.

• Like 1