Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Stellar game!! Excellent story, characters, game play, and it's just excellent all around. 

Thinking about starting it this weekend.  Loved 1 thru 4.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Can someone help me figure out the difference between Xenoblade Chronicles Def Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Are they the same game?

No.  I get the confusion.  XC: Def Edition is Xenoblade Chronicles 1, remastered, for the Switch.  XC2 is the sequel to the original, but the remaster of the original released after XC2.  Does that make sense, or did I confuse you more?  

Edited by OkeyDoke21

XC came out in 2012, for the 3DS.  XC2 came out in 2017, for the Switch.  They then remastered XC into XC:Definitive Edition, and then released it for the Switch, this year.   XC:DE and XC2 are different games.

Edited by OkeyDoke21

29 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

No.  I get the confusion.  XC: Def Edition is Xenoblade Chronicles 1, remastered, for the Switch.  XC2 is the sequel to the original, but the remaster of the original released after XC2.  Does that make sense, or did I confuse you more?  

Nope. That explained it def. So its probably worth starting with Def Edition if I want to jump into this world? Or nah, just roll with 2?

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Nope. That explained it def. So its probably worth starting with Def Edition if I want to jump into this world? Or nah, just roll with 2?

That's an answer I don't know, but have been searching for, myself.  I've never played the series, but have been paying attention to it, since I bought a Switch.  I've actually heard some people say to start with Torna: Golden Company, because of ease of play, and it's not as massive.  It's an expansion for XC2, but can also be bought and played stand alone.  I'm leaning in the direction of starting with XC:DE, personally.  Just need to get through a log of RPG's I already have before starting another one.  I have read that you don't need to play XC1 before playing XC2, though.  

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Can someone help me figure out the difference between Xenoblade Chronicles Def Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Are they the same game?

Different games.

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

XC came out in 2012, for the 3DS.  XC2 came out in 2017, for the Switch.  They then remastered XC into XC:Definitive Edition, and then released it for the Switch, this year.   XC:DE and XC2 are different games.

This but the original came out for the Wii/WiiU. Do not bother with the 3DS version I'm amazed that game even exists to this day.

I've played all of the Xenoblade games and I recommend 1 for it's better gameplay/characters. Think of it as a final fantasy universe where the only major connections between games are nods and references. 

2 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

That's an answer I don't know, but have been searching for, myself.  I've never played the series, but have been paying attention to it, since I bought a Switch.  I've actually heard some people say to start with Torna: Golden Company, because of ease of play, and it's not as massive.  It's an expansion for XC2, but can also be bought and played stand alone.  I'm leaning in the direction of starting with XC:DE, personally.  Just need to get through a log of RPG's I already have before starting another one.  I have read that you don't need to play XC1 before playing XC2, though.  

Nope stand alone games that don't need each other's story to understand one another.

However XC2 has some pretty damn good fanservice for people who played the first game, like spoilers I guess but it's literally in the season pass for XC2. XC1's MC's voice actor came back for XC2. 

• Like 2

Been wanting to try a strategic style game. Saw Grand Ages:Medieval on sale in the PSStore so watched a video on how to play. Thats a whole lot going on. And since I only play sparingly here and there. Looks like it would take right much time to get in the groove of playing that style game.

Are there any toned down games of that strategic style? So I can ease my way into a genre Ive never tried to see if Id like it.

On 7/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, MikeT14 said:

XC1 is one of my favorite JRPGs ever.   Highly recommended.

XCX was great too....although thats in Wii U and apparently unlike to get a Switch port.

Never played XC2 and likely never will, but who knows.

• Like 1