Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

I started with Phoebe as the storyteller and went with the base builder difficulty. I don't know what attacked me, but they just randomly popped up and slaughtered everyone.. looked like triceratops maybe. Don't know if there are dinosaurs in this game or not lol

Phoebe is deceptively tricky - she'll allow you time to build stuff between raids (even at higher difficulties) but she has a tendency to lull the player into a false sense of security and so they tend to lack the weapons and defense to fight off what she does send. 

As for the animal, do you mean these guys? 

Thrumbo.png

If so, Thrumbos only attack you when harmed, but they will almost certainly destroy you if you don't have significant fire power.  Leave them alone and they will eventually leave on their own after a while.  If you manage to kill one, it's horn makes for a great melee weapon, and is quite valuable if you want to sell it.  They provide a lot of meat and their leather is arguably the best in the game (both from a market value stand point and from an armour standpoint once you've turned it into a clothing item)

There are no dinosaurs in the base game, although like basically everything in Rimworld, there are mods that add them

@drd23 interesting, that may have been what was attacking me, not sure. I watched a brief beginners tutorial on youtube that was essentially the tutorial in game. I need to familiarize myself more with the controls and actions in controlling the colonists. I'm sure that will all just take time, but I've been following the subreddit and am excited to get deeper into this game.

15 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Well, was thinking I'd side with The Railroad in FO4 once I got to that point but was doing some BoS missions and accidentally became enemies with them. Guess I gotta find a new group. Not really a huge fan of any of em

Side with the one that kills the Minutemen

My biggest gripe with FO4 is I have no damn clue who has quests for me to do. TW3 was great with giving people exclamation points if they had something for me. Horizon was the same way. Here I'm kinda wandering around hoping someone tells me something especially in The Institute. Kinda just want to finish the game bc I'm getting annoyed with it

8 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

My biggest gripe with FO4 is I have no damn clue who has quests for me to do. TW3 was great with giving people exclamation points if they had something for me. Horizon was the same way. Here I'm kinda wandering around hoping someone tells me something especially in The Institute. Kinda just want to finish the game bc I'm getting annoyed with it

That is what I like about Fallout. You need to discover things for yourself and you never know when a quest will appear. It makes it feel more unique.

If you just want main story quests or radiant quests for leveling, those are super easy to find.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

That is what I like about Fallout. You need to discover things for yourself and you never know when a quest will appear. It makes it feel more unique.

If you just want main story quests or radiant quests for leveling, those are super easy to find.

At first I didn't mind b/c there were so many piling up, I always had things to do. I'm at the point in the main story though that I'm making enemies if I proceed w/ the quest. I would like to prolong the game more but I can only look for Haylen's tech for so long, repeating the same buildings over and over again lol.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

At first I didn't mind b/c there were so many piling up, I always had things to do. I'm at the point in the main story though that I'm making enemies if I proceed w/ the quest. I would like to prolong the game more but I can only look for Haylen's tech for so long, repeating the same buildings over and over again lol.

Have you done the side quests in Diamond City, Vault 81, Bunker Hill, Covenant and Goodneighbor? Done all the companion quests? Found all the bobbleheads? Cleared and established all the settlements?

8 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Have you done the side quests in Diamond City, Vault 81, Bunker Hill, Covenant and Goodneighbor? Done all the companion quests? Found all the bobbleheads? Cleared and established all the settlements?

Honestly, I'm not sure lol. This is why I'm frustrated a little bit b/c I never know if anyone has anything for me and places like Diamond City have too many people to just walk up to, just like the Institute although I recently found a guy who needs tissue samples from dead super mutants. I will definitely go back to those places though. If you're referring to the Silver Shroud in GN though, I know I completed all of those. I haven't traveled w/ everyone also so I guess I can look into companion quests. I'm assuming these are like the Eddie Winter one I just completed w/ Nick, right?

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure lol. This is why I'm frustrated a little bit b/c I never know if anyone has anything for me and places like Diamond City have too many people to just walk up to, just like the Institute although I recently found a guy who needs tissue samples from dead super mutants. I will definitely go back to those places though. If you're referring to the Silver Shroud in GN though, I know I completed all of those. I haven't traveled w/ everyone also so I guess I can look into companion quests. I'm assuming these are like the Eddie Winter one I just completed w/ Nick, right?

Yeah, most companions have a quest like Eddie Winter. Go to the hotel in Goodneighbor and the two bars in Diamond City too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Days Gone.  More like Years Gone without a release. 

Did they delay it again or is it still scheduled for February?? I'd rather them finish it and get it right rather than release a buggy mess

Edit: yep, April. Oh well. I'll find stuff to do until then lol

Edited by JTagg7754

• 2 weeks later...

Random rant, I been waiting for Wreckfest (basically FlatOut) to come out on console. Was supposed to be November so I checked today to see what day it’ll be released...and the pushed it back to 2019. Seriously irritating, I don’t work through the winter so that’s when I play games the most. This will probably end up releasing when I’m busy with work...well I hope BF V doesn’t bomb too hard.