Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

I know absolutely nothing about most online gaming. 

Ive always had satellite internet or using my mobile hotspot threw Verizon to play Cod or Battlefield. ( I know I had lag and was slow) 

but we finally got fiber optic brought up to our town and I got the 70 Mbps option, is that plenty fast to play Madden/COD/Battlefield without a ton of Lag?

Bandwidth does not matter gaming. A game like COD uses like 2 KB/s which is negligible. Only thing that matters is ping.

satellite internet would be unplayable compared to a cable/DSL hardline 

4 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Ah, so my fiber optic should be much better?

To expand on what Heimdallr said, having the higher Mbps really means that you (or household) can do more at the same time. You can play a game, while streaming a movie in another room, and downloading Hello Kitty Island Adventure on your laptop.

For anyone who wants something else to watch besides yet another NFCE primetims game, Cloud9 will be taking on Dignitas in the World Championship Of Rocket League shortly. Cloud9 was in the losers bracket and just won their first beat of 7 set against last seasons Champion, Dignitas. Check out Rocket Leagues twitch, should be a few great matches. 

It's getting sweaty

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/10/18083040/xbox-one-keyboard-mouse-support-features-launch-november

Microsoft announced Xbox One keyboard and mouse support back in September, and it’s now arriving on consoles next week. Starting November 14th, Xbox One will support keyboard and mouse in 14 games.

Fortnite and Warframe are the biggest names to offer the support at launch, alongside a variety of mainly indie titles. While there are 14 confirmed games, only seven of them will be available during the initial launch of the keyboard and mouse feature. The rest are coming soon.

Alongside the keyboard and mouse support, Microsoft teased its further work with Razer on a keyboard and mouse. Razer is planning to unveil the first wireless mechanical keyboard and mouse set for Xbox at the Consumer Electronics Show in January.

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Wait... The Xbox one didn't already have keyboard and mouse support? That's kinda shocking considering PS4 does.

No.  Also, from what I've heard, the PS4 m/k support is really bad and hardly anyone uses it.  I'm interested to see how it works because you're supposed to be able to use a m/k like it works on a PC... custom keybinds that aren't limited to the inputs in a controller.

I just finished reading the new novel Mass Effect Andromeda: Annihilation, which details problems with the Quarian ark (also has Volus, Drell, Hanar and Batarians on it) getting to the Andromeda galaxy, but it stops short of them actually reaching Andromeda and linking up with the rest.  It was a good read, but it's really a shame if that's all she wrote for the Mass Effect games/universe.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just finished reading the new novel Mass Effect Andromeda: Annihilation, which details problems with the Quarian ark (also has Volus, Drell, Hanar and Batarians on it) getting to the Andromeda galaxy, but it stops short of them actually reaching Andromeda and linking up with the rest.  It was a good read, but it's really a shame if that's all she wrote for the Mass Effect games/universe.  

I can't imagine that the franchise is totally dead in all facets. The first two games were so incredible that there's still plenty of fan good-will, and the universe itself is absolutely fantastic. Seems more like a studio issue than an IP issue. I'd guess (and I think I've read) that after Anthem Bioware will do another Dragon Age title then back to work on another Mass Effect.

The good thing about Andromeda was that it was just a bad game. It didn't really do anything negative about continuity or take anything away from the universe. It was just ugly and un-fun... It actually left tons of story to be told.

14 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I can't imagine that the franchise is totally dead in all facets. The first two games were so incredible that there's still plenty of fan good-will, and the universe itself is absolutely fantastic. Seems more like a studio issue than an IP issue. I'd guess (and I think I've read) that after Anthem Bioware will do another Dragon Age title then back to work on another Mass Effect.

The good thing about Andromeda was that it was just a bad game. It didn't really do anything negative about continuity or take anything away from the universe. It was just ugly and un-fun... It actually left tons of story to be told.

It's an EA franchise, it will get a sequel at some point but after what they did to the last game (Rush it out the door, push it to a team that couldn't do it properly, cut the development on the game to put resources on other games etc.) and with the general bad press about it, it's gonna be a long while.

I'd say 5+ years before they ever do a sequel and even then, we all know it's gonna have something wrong with it. 

44 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

It's an EA franchise, it will get a sequel at some point.

Excuse me, sir, I'm still waiting for my Jade Empire sequel. I'll even take a ME:A type sequel. I didn't hate ME:A as much as others. It sucks as an ME Trilogy follow up, but as a follow up to a 13-year-old franchisethat all but seems dead, it would probably be great! lol