Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Any guesses as to what's going on with Sony? They cancelled the Playstation Experience event this year and released a statement today saying they won't be at E3 in 2019. Kinda shocking...

Well they flat out said they aren't doing the PlayStation experience this year because they don't have anything new to show

I'd imagine skipping e3 next year is for the same reason, they're in a period where they've already shown off the remaining in house stuff for the PS4 and aren't ready to show off the first wave of ps5 stuff yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Well they flat out said they aren't doing the PlayStation experience this year because they don't have anything new to show

I'd imagine skipping e3 next year is for the same reason, they're in a period where they've already shown off the remaining in house stuff for the PS4 and aren't ready to show off the first wave of ps5 stuff yet.

No PS Experience because they have nothing new to show.... really?  They have absolutely nothing new they can show?  Straight up skipping E3???  Lol

Some people are suggesting that they might release the PS5 next holiday season, but if they did, wouldn't they be at E3?  There was some guy who broke the news about Sony not planning on being at E3 before anyone else and he said there will be a small reveal of the PS5 in mid 2019.

The guy says that according to his sources, as of right now, Anthem will be delayed.  Lets see if that ends up happening.

Info on PS5:  Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$.  Release date is either March or November of 2020.

Has anyone played Runescape in the past?

They just recently released it on mobile, so I decided to check it out.  I used to play this game ALL the time in my teens and was heavily involved in the clan scene.  Then they got rid of the wilderness in 2007, tons quit including me, but then they brought it back by creating Runescape Old School.  I joined again, played for maybe a year, then quit again.  But here I am getting back into it with I'm sure thousands of players since the release of mobile, and the nostalgia is real.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

No PS Experience because they have nothing new to show.... really?  They have absolutely nothing new they can show?  Straight up skipping E3???  Lol

They showed everything too soon tbh.

The last of us 2, ghosts of tsushima, death stranding, and days gone are all that's really left of the ps4 exclusives (their in house studios are likely already well into the first ps5 games) and they've already shown a ton of them.

Until they are ready for the ps5 reveal they don't really have anything to show off.... They could still have it and show off a bunch of non exclusive 3rd party games or they could just skip it for the year and they chose to skip it... Which I think was the right choice because people with have only criticised them if all they showed was a bunch of 3rd party stuff.

As far as the ps5 goes I guess they could reveal it next year in a 2019 ps experience then use E3 2020 to show off the first wave of games and release it in Fall/winter of 2020 but who really knows at this point.

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Some people are suggesting that they might release the PS5 next holiday season, but if they did, wouldn't they be at E3?  There was some guy who broke the news about Sony not planning on being at E3 before anyone else and he said there will be a small reveal of the PS5 in mid 2019.

The guy says that according to his sources, as of right now, Anthem will be delayed.  Lets see if that ends up happening.

Info on PS5:  Ryzen 8 core, Price is 500$.  Release date is either March or November of 2020.

Anthem being delayed is no surprise.  Bioware and EA are really married on this, but they have to release this game perfectly.  Neither can afford any kind of PR hit on this.  

On 11/14/2018 at 1:35 AM, nagahide13 said:

I can't imagine that the franchise is totally dead in all facets. The first two games were so incredible that there's still plenty of fan good-will, and the universe itself is absolutely fantastic. Seems more like a studio issue than an IP issue. I'd guess (and I think I've read) that after Anthem Bioware will do another Dragon Age title then back to work on another Mass Effect.

The good thing about Andromeda was that it was just a bad game. It didn't really do anything negative about continuity or take anything away from the universe. It was just ugly and un-fun... It actually left tons of story to be told.

They wanted to break away from Commander Shepard, which I understand completely.  I think a lot of people put their frustrations on that (and lets be honest, we all have some remaining frustration over the original botched ending of ME3) so that when they released an unfinished product, those people took their feelings to the internet and the internet tanked Andromeda.  After they fixed the animations and such (and I waited until they did before playing the game on PC) it was a great experience.  It had some work to do, and I thought the main story was relatively short compared to the previous games.  

I can easily see EA dictating to Bioware that they move away from Andromeda and/or encorporate Shepard back into the game.  There were rumors years ago of a Mass Effect MMO, and I don;t think they go that direction after The Old Republic.  But if Anthem's concept takes off, I can see a Mass Effect game in the same vein.  

On 11/14/2018 at 5:19 PM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Excuse me, sir, I'm still waiting for my Jade Empire sequel. I'll even take a ME:A type sequel. I didn't hate ME:A as much as others. It sucks as an ME Trilogy follow up, but as a follow up to a 13-year-old franchisethat all but seems dead, it would probably be great! lol

But see, it wasn't really a trilogy follow-up.  They were really trying to make their own game- actually another trilogy of games.  They just ended up using the bare minimum from the storyline- new galaxy, same base species still having the same infighting, then add in the Kett and Angara.  They were trying to get away from Shepard and do something different.  I commend them for it, but there was a lot of hate that was loosed onto this game at launch and that sunk it.  It's a shame, because I played it after patches and I thought the game was fine. 

Traded in a bunch of games yesterday, the GameStop guy commented on how well cared for my stuff is. 

Makes me sad that the gaming community is full of savages that don't take care of their games and let the cases broken, scratched or damaged in anyway. It's part of why I hate buying used.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Traded in a bunch of games yesterday, the GameStop guy commented on how well cared for my stuff is. 

Makes me sad that the gaming community is full of savages that don't take care of their games and let the cases broken, scratched or damaged in anyway. It's part of why I hate buying used.

Buying used what

One of my least favorite things in a video game is when your character is "injured" and you just have to walk around at a slow pace for until you hit a checkpoint where you're somehow miraculously healed and can resume moving at a normal pace. Conveniently, any enemy in the nearby area waits until you're healed before they attack you.