Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

After a certain point in the game I’d accrued enough money and nothing to spend it on so I’d just pay off my bounty every time rather than have high bounties lol 

Mercs are so easy and fast to beat at sea though. Last night had a couple points where they came at me 2 at a time. I just sail around to different areas, and the mercs from those areas sail out to greet me.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Mercs are so easy and fast to beat at sea though. Last night had a couple points where they came at me 2 at a time. I just sail around to different areas, and the mercs from those areas sail out to greet me.

If you sink their ships they die lmao

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Is there something else I should be doing with them? You sink them you still collect their gear and rewards. Gotta board the others ships to loot them. But not Mercs.

You can loot and board any ship but if you sink it you’ll have an easier go of it (taking out the crew) but get less loot

21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

i wish it'd gone back to full turn based or just be more like FF13. All i feel like i really do is attack and watch my health. 

Some people really loved 12's combat. It had the ability to like auto battle if you set it up I think, but I'm with you, I wasn't a fan of the system either. But I should give it another chance, I haven't played it in a while.

2 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Some people really loved 12's combat. It had the ability to like auto battle if you set it up I think, but I'm with you, I wasn't a fan of the system either. But I should give it another chance, I haven't played it in a while.

I never played 13 so I cannot comment on it. I liked 12s though. Turned base was good and still has pros but I just prefer live action

Last week, EA cancelled the open world Star Wars game being made by Visceral Entertainment, the former project of Amy Hennig, in favor of a quicker title due out by 2020.  

Respawn continues work on Jedi: Fallen Order 

Fallen Order better deliver, because with how EA is treating SWTOR and Battlefront II right now, they've got nothing on the Star Wars front. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-cancels-star-wars-open-world-game-according-to-/1100-6464417/

55 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Last week, EA cancelled the open world Star Wars game being made by Visceral Entertainment, the former project of Amy Hennig, in favor of a quicker title due out by 2020.  

Respawn continues work on Jedi: Fallen Order 

Fallen Order better deliver, because with how EA is treating SWTOR and Battlefront II right now, they've got nothing on the Star Wars front. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-cancels-star-wars-open-world-game-according-to-/1100-6464417/

The mobile games are well and alive though, riddled with more microtransactions than BF2 at launch but they're there if you hate money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The mobile games are well and alive though, riddled with more microtransactions than BF2 at launch but they're there if you hate money.

I refuse to play mobile games to be honest.  Way too much grind unless you throw money at them, and ultimately mobile games are what caused the death of truly great single-player games.  In 2009, you saw Assassin's Creed II and Mass Effect 2 release to high scores and a lot of fanfare for the story and gameplay.  The next games in the series both included some sort of multiplayer in the game, to the detriment of some of the single player features.  Not to mention, after AC2, the game began a slow decline that bottomed out with the London game, and needed a couple years to reset, and the Mass Effect story has been told multiple times and it looks like EA may have killed it.  

• Like 2

On 1/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I refuse to play mobile games to be honest.  Way too much grind unless you throw money at them, and ultimately mobile games are what caused the death of truly great single-player games.  In 2009, you saw Assassin's Creed II and Mass Effect 2 release to high scores and a lot of fanfare for the story and gameplay.  The next games in the series both included some sort of multiplayer in the game, to the detriment of some of the single player features.  Not to mention, after AC2, the game began a slow decline that bottomed out with the London game, and needed a couple years to reset, and the Mass Effect story has been told multiple times and it looks like EA may have killed it.  

Well TBF Bioware started going down hill when it brought political correctness into it's stories.