Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Just read an article Bethesda are not even in development of Elder Scrolls 6 right now because the developers "don't want to be known for only Fallout and Elder Scrolls".

Like seriously? You had such an awesome developed concept with player run camps in Fallout 4. You could have made something ground breaking in Elder Scrolls 6, and you don't want to build on greatness because you don't want to be basically typecast? They could have done it just one more time. Now we will probably never get another Fallout or ES game ever. Because they are going to destroy the studio trying to do something else thats just dumb.

I heard something about them making a Game of Thrones browser based MMO. Which has only been done like 10 dozen times. >:(

Edited by Calvert28

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Just read an article Bethesda are not even in development of Elder Scrolls 6 right now because the developers "don't want to be known for only Fallout and Elder Scrolls".

Like seriously? You had such an awesome developed concept with player run camps in Fallout 4. You could have made something ground breaking in Elder Scrolls 6, and you don't want to build on greatness because you don't want to be basically typecast? They could have done it just one more time. Now we will probably never get another Fallout or ES game ever. Because they are going to destroy the studio trying to do something else thats just dumb.

I heard something about them making a Game of Thrones browser based MMO. Which has only been done like 10 dozen times. >:(

They will eventually end up making a ES6. Or it will turn into the new half-life 3.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:59 AM, skywindO2 said:

Started playing Divinity: Original Sin 2 last night. Only about an hour into it but I think it's the best digital representation of D&D I've ever played. I was super skeptical about turn based multiplayer like that but it works so well. 

Finally started my co-op session with 3 other people. The game is so damn good. Although playing with 3 other people means I don't know what the hell is going on. I play a lot slower than the others so they just separate and finish all the quests lol. But we already have stupid stories like the flaws of having an undead tank, shooting poison arrows at allies that AREN'T the undead tank. Also losing like 10 resurrections scrolls right off the bat because we are bad lol. 

Been playing a rogue and it's pretty interesting. I became utility for a while because I had the beginning knives for the whole time lol. But got some cool saves with backstabbing a teammate to get in range to RP a distressed ally. Super fun.

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

They're not making a Game of Thrones MMO. They already have an MMO in The Elder Scrolls online. I'm assuming, like most companies, they're wracking in crazy money from the micro-transactions of that game and it's taking up most of their attention. Definitely disappointing, as a new Elder Scrolls game sounds incredible right now. Probably won't see one for 3-4 years, though.

21 minutes ago, McNabbs Beef said:

They're not making a Game of Thrones MMO. They already have an MMO in The Elder Scrolls online. I'm assuming, like most companies, they're wracking in crazy money from the micro-transactions of that game and it's taking up most of their attention. Definitely disappointing, as a new Elder Scrolls game sounds incredible right now. Probably won't see one for 3-4 years, though.

Dishonored
Doom 3
Doom
Doom 2
Wolfenstein: New Order
The Evil Within
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
ES:O
Fallout Shleter
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Fallout 4

These were the list of projects they did between Skyrim and Fallout 4.

And they are saying they don't want to be known for only ES and FO. 

I think they are just tired of makiing them.

19 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Dishonored
Doom 3
Doom
Doom 2
Wolfenstein: New Order
The Evil Within
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
ES:O
Fallout Shleter
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Fallout 4

These were the list of projects they did between Skyrim and Fallout 4.

And they are saying they don't want to be known for only ES and FO. 

I think they are just tired of makiing them.

A) You're way off base.

B) They don't make all of those. 

You're confusing Bethesda the publisher with Bethesda the game developer. Two completely different things dude. Bethesda softworks only makes TES and Fallout. The other companies are owned by Bethesda the publisher. 

Dishonored is Arkane Studios.

Doom is ID Softworks.

ES: Online is Zenimax Online

Wolfenstien is Machine Games.

You should do more research dude.

They said TES6 wasn't coming out anytime soon last year; your late on that front. As of right now they only have to viable series. They want to branch out. When you make 5 GOTY contenders in a row you have the right to to work on new things. So they want to make two new RPG franchises. TES6 comes after and they've already done some pre-production. 

People seem to keep thinking this is some major company. They aren't. They have a relative small group of less then 200 who have been working together for the better part of a few decades with little growth. They can only do so much.

Edited by Supersuavesky
Additional information.

9 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

A) You're way off base.

B) They don't make all of those. 

You're confusing Bethesda the publisher with Bethesda the game developer. Two completely different things dude. Bethesda softworks only makes TES and Fallout. The other companies are owned by Bethesda the publisher. 

Dishonored is Arkane Studios.

Doom is ID Softworks.

ES: Online is Zenimax Online

Wolfenstien is Machine Games.

You should do more research dude.

They said TES6 wasn't coming out anytime soon last year; your late on that front. As of right now they only have to viable series. They want to branch out. When you make 5 GOTY contenders in a row you have the right to to work on new things. So they want to make two new RPG franchises. TES6 comes after and they've already done some pre-production. 

People seem to keep thinking this is some major company. They aren't. They have a relative small group of less then 200 who have been working together for the better part of a few decades with little growth. They can only do so much.

Wow never seen someone get butthurt over a gaming company being bad mouthed. Since when do Parent companies never have anything to do with sub-divisions? Never have a say in what they develop? I think you're the one who should do someone research "dude".

If they only make ES and FO and then up and deciding to up and scrap the whole thing to do something else when those two are their bread and butter. I don't see where im off base to say they just don't want to do it anymore. Or maybe they do, but due to the recent success of Morrowind for ESO. Higher ups have decided to ride that and hold off on another sequel so sales aren't for ESO aren't being hurt by one of its own projects.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, HighHopes said:

Finally started my co-op session with 3 other people. The game is so damn good. Although playing with 3 other people means I don't know what the hell is going on. I play a lot slower than the others so they just separate and finish all the quests lol. But we already have stupid stories like the flaws of having an undead tank, shooting poison arrows at allies that AREN'T the undead tank. Also losing like 10 resurrections scrolls right off the bat because we are bad lol. 

Been playing a rogue and it's pretty interesting. I became utility for a while because I had the beginning knives for the whole time lol. But got some cool saves with backstabbing a teammate to get in range to RP a distressed ally. Super fun.

I've only done co-op with a friend so far, each of us controlling two characters. We're having fun exploring and mostly dying. Combat can be tough! It took us a couple of nights but we finally made it out of Fort Joy, feel like we missed a lot of stuff in there. 

58 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've only done co-op with a friend so far, each of us controlling two characters. We're having fun exploring and mostly dying. Combat can be tough! It took us a couple of nights but we finally made it out of Fort Joy, feel like we missed a lot of stuff in there. 

I played the first one with one friend and it was mostly him just following me (since the journal system is much more open lol) so we took our time. But this time around, two of the members I think played Fort Joy already so they have just been doing all the quests while I just wander around doing nothing lol. 

The combat has been insanely fun, but difficult like you said. First off, we actually started Honor Mode without noticing and got destroyed. So we restarted and our tank decided they wanted to try undead and for our whole first play session we had a guy trying to take all the hits that we couldn't even heal lol. The second game seemed to amp up the environmental stuff and it probably wasn't my smartest idea to try a rogue for the first time.