Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They release beta-test quality games all the time, and people keep buying their games day 1.  I don't get it.

Anthem doesn't appear to be doing too hot sales-wise, and BFV sold half as much as BF1 did IIRC with the bulk of its sales coming when it was discounted only a week after launch (hey, they told us not to buy the game xD). 

Seems people are finally catching onto EA's ishyness. Hey, better late than never.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Speaking on another EA flop, Battlefront II is expected to launch a game mode similar to Titan mode from Battlefield 2142 at the end of March.  This will involve gameplay on the ground, in space and in capital ships.  One side will be trying to destroy the capital ship, while the other team is defending.  It is expected that the attacking team can use ground-based artillery to take down the ship, or land starfighters into the hanger bays to destroy components on the inside of the ships.  There are triple and double XP events leading up and immediately after the launch of this mode if anyone is interesting in returning to the game or buying it on the cheap. 

Battlefront ll did not flop. As of Jan 30. 2018 they sold 9 million units. I imagine that's only gone up over the past year. 

It's probably crossed at least 12 million because of star wars and the content they've released. 

46 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Battlefront ll did not flop. As of Jan 30. 2018 they sold 9 million units. I imagine that's only gone up over the past year. 

It's probably crossed at least 12 million because of star wars and the content they've released. 

And that, right there, is the problem.

EA gets away with mediocrity all the time because they exploit name brands.   They exploit the NFL license...they exploit Star Wars....they exploited Harry Potter, Mass Effect, etc....

It sets a terrible precedent for the rest of the industry.   We have already seen similar complacency and greed effect and perhaps ruin other top companies like Bethesda.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•)  Fallout 76 is fun
┳┻|⊂ノ   
┻┳|

Of course it's fun, it's just always online and runs like crap.

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•)  Fallout 76 is fun
┳┻|⊂ノ   
┻┳|

I disagree. That's the last thing Fallout 76 felt like, to me.

But, to each their own.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, SwoleXmad said:

In terms of sales, no.  But most ratings saw 5-6.5/10.  A short campaign, and a multiplayer mode that drastically changed at launch because of the removal of microtransactions, which took them months to fix.  After the release of Solo: A Star Wars story nearly a year ago, content has slowed to a crawl.  Just new skins, random hero drops and one new Galactic Assault map.  Hell, they've been dragging their feet for months just for the Titan game mode.  They also take forever to fix bugs, and still can't get Emperor Palpatine balanced correctly.  The game was in bargain bins probably around the Solo timeframe as well.  I personally like the game but the community continues to dwindle.  It most certainly is a flop as far as expectations are concerned.  

Edited by naptownskinsfan

38 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

One of the best campaigns in FPS history.

Multiplayer did not age well though.

I'm more of a campaign/story kind of guy.  Tbh I had my fill of multiplayer after Goldeneye.  

Altho I do love 2p+ co-ops tho.