Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Well I just joined the Master Race a few days ago. Works about to kick off so I probably won’t get into much gaming right now though. Friend from the Army built it for me. I got BFV and The Division 2 for free from ordering the components, also have access to his steam library with 200+ games. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Well I just joined the Master Race a few days ago. Works about to kick off so I probably won’t get into much gaming right now though. Friend from the Army built it for me. I got BFV and The Division 2 for free from ordering the components, also have access to his steam library with 200+ games. 

Welcome, smugness is free and there's complimentary hats.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Welcome, smugness is free and there's complimentary hats.

I was told the dark side has cookies

...Please tell me it’s not some nerd joke about computer cookies.

Also I got Wreckfest because iv been waiting forever for it to come to PS4 and it keeps getting delayed. So iv been demo-derbying it up tonight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neumatic said:

BFV and The Division 2?  Hopefully your friend actually has some good games within that 200 game library.

9 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I was told the dark side has cookies

...Please tell me it’s not some nerd joke about computer cookies.

Also I got Wreckfest because iv been waiting forever for it to come to PS4 and it keeps getting delayed. So iv been demo-derbying it up tonight.

....Honestly in today's world that would make too much sense. I think it's way older than that, but it makes sense.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

BFV and The Division 2?  Hopefully your friend actually has some good games within that 200 game library.

BFV at its core is a good game. It’s definitely got its issues but overall I enjoyed the gameplay on PS4. I had a choice of BFV or Anthem and I have about zero interest in Anthem. I’ll never put as many hours into as I did in BF 3&4 but for free it’s not bad.

As far as The Division 2 I never actually played the first one. My brothers want me to get it for PS4 so I can play with them, so kind of worthless free game for me even if I do enjoy it.

Battlefield just sucks.  The game was fun like 8 years ago, but it's just like Call of Duty.  Same exact thing over and over again.  Unpopular opinion:  But the game actually got much worse when they expanded to 64 players conquest.  I remember BFBC:2 on the Xbox 360.  That game was MUCH better than Battlefield 5.  Wish it would go back to that again.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:42 PM, showtime said:

Battlefield just sucks.  The game was fun like 8 years ago, but it's just like Call of Duty.  Same exact thing over and over again.

Pretty much sums up every EA franchise.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Pretty much sums up every EA franchise.

EA has plenty of quality IPs: SSX, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Command and Conquer, Burnout, Need for Speed, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age, Titanfall and, of course, Star Wars, it's just, they usually run them into the ground, sit on them and/or kill the studios who make these games.

5 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

EA has plenty of quality IPs: SSX, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Command and Conquer, Burnout, Need for Speed, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age, Titanfall and, of course, Star Wars, it's just, they usually run them into the ground, sit on them and/or kill the studios who make these games.

EA USED to be respectable.    Now, all they do is put out incomplete games loaded with microtransactions, and their annual titles feel pretty much exactly the same year to year.

EA ruined BioWare and Star Wars.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, showtime said:

Battlefield just sucks.  The game was fun like 8 years ago, but it's just like Call of Duty.  Same exact thing over and over again.  Unpopular opinion:  But the game actually got much worse when they expanded to 64 players conquest.  I remember BFBC:2 on the Xbox 360.  That game was MUCH better than Battlefield 5.  Wish it would go back to that again.

Couldn't agree more with you. I've never quit a game so fast as I did with BF:V just because of how boring the gameplay was. Game looks AMAZING, but once you get past that, it's just a meat grinder with no skill gap whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Couldn't agree more with you. I've never quit a game so fast as I did with BF:V just because of how boring the gameplay was. Game looks AMAZING, but once you get past that, it's just a meat grinder with no skill gap whatsoever.

I really tried to like Battlefield V.  Nobody plays the objective in that game.  It's just a massive cluster f of people running around.  Getting shot from all sides, etc.  I saw the deluxe edition of the game on sale yesterday for $19 lol

And another huge turn off for me was the fact that the battle royale mode wasn't even ready until now.... they freaking hyped that mode up so much before release and then all of a sudden they say, the game mode that's the biggest in the world right now and that we've hyped up endlessly won't be in the game until 5-6 months after release.

Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V were massive failures.  Hopefully that gets them to either go back to BFBC or make something new.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I really tried to like Battlefield V.  Nobody plays the objective in that game.  It's just a massive cluster f of people running around.  Getting shot from all sides, etc. 

Yep, there's no skill, no strategy, no anything it's just 64 players running around the map killing, dying, respawning and repeating. I couldn't play that. The old Battlefield games at least had some linear-ness to them where there was a clear objective and the maps were big but not too big, and the teams were big but not too clustered.

Ever since BF3 it's just been a gong show meat grinder game. Nostalgia doesn't make a game good, and certainly Bad Company games had their flaws but those games were still so much better than this.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V were massive failures.  Hopefully that gets them to either go back to BFBC or make something new.

It won't, but we can only hope. Battlefront 2's only saving grace from me was Heroes vs. Villains. That game mode was really fun beacuse it was ACTUAL SKILL. But even that mode had serious OP characters and exploits that broke it.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yep, there's no skill, no strategy, no anything it's just 64 players running around the map killing, dying, respawning and repeating. I couldn't play that. The old Battlefield games at least had some linear-ness to them where there was a clear objective and the maps were big but not too big, and the teams were big but not too clustered.

Ever since BF3 it's just been a gong show meat grinder game. Nostalgia doesn't make a game good, and certainly Bad Company games had their flaws but those games were still so much better than this.

It won't, but we can only hope. Battlefront 2's only saving grace from me was Heroes vs. Villains. That game mode was really fun beacuse it was ACTUAL SKILL. But even that mode had serious OP characters and exploits that broke it.

Yea, heroes vs villains wasn't bad.  I like Battlefront 2 more than BFV, but both those games were failures.  The funny thing about both is, they got absolutely shredded before they even came out lol