Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

27 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, heroes vs villains wasn't bad.  I like Battlefront 2 more than BFV, but both those games were failures.  The funny thing about both is, they got absolutely shredded before they even came out lol

Oh yeah I remember when BF2 came out and got DESTROYED because of loot boxes, so they changed it right away. Dark times.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh yeah I remember when BF2 came out and got DESTROYED because of loot boxes, so they changed it right away. Dark times.

It sucks because even with a legendary property like Star Wars, which will practically sell itself, they still can't make a quality game.  Lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Bethesda confirmed it's returning to E3. They have Doom Eternal, but here's hoping the entire showcase isn't a massive disappointment. 

Kind of ballsy for them to return considering last year's E3 was the start of them ruining the reputation of their entire company

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Kind of ballsy for them to return considering last year's E3 was the start of them ruining the reputation of their entire company

Last year? Oh no. It was 2017 E3 where it started. Skyrim VR wasn't well received and especially not... Creation "They're not paid mods" Club.

And besides. This is all of Bethesda Softworks. People are only pissed at Bethesda Game Studios, but they just don't know the difference.

Edited by Danger

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yep, there's no skill, no strategy, no anything it's just 64 players running around the map killing, dying, respawning and repeating. I couldn't play that. The old Battlefield games at least had some linear-ness to them where there was a clear objective and the maps were big but not too big, and the teams were big but not too clustered.

Ever since BF3 it's just been a gong show meat grinder game. Nostalgia doesn't make a game good, and certainly Bad Company games had their flaws but those games were still so much better than this.

It won't, but we can only hope. Battlefront 2's only saving grace from me was Heroes vs. Villains. That game mode was really fun beacuse it was ACTUAL SKILL. But even that mode had serious OP characters and exploits that broke it.

You must not have played HvV in a while.  There are map glitches where only Boba Fett can reach, and those rounds drag on forever.  Other than that, the mode is pretty fun.  I wish it was the old Heroes mode in BF2015, where you had three Heroes, two could spawn as reinforcement soldiers and the rest of the players were normal classes.  

I'm actually pretty excited for this new Titan game mode that is coming in two weeks. 

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Did they roll out online franchise this year or keep it off?  

They kept it off.  I'm probably going to pass, as well.  Maybe purchase it when it goes on sale over all-star week.  OSFM's rosters should be out and improved, by then.  Definitely not a day 1 purchase for me anymore.  Franchise mode needs some serious life pumped back into it.

1 minute ago, jyod21 said:

They kept it off.  I'm probably going to pass, as well.  Maybe purchase it when it goes on sale over all-star week.  OSFM's rosters should be out and improved, by then.  Definitely not a day 1 purchase for me anymore.  Franchise mode needs some serious life pumped back into it.

Yes it does.  Sadly, all they care about is diamond dynasty and the modes that can bring them micro-transactions.  I used to run a gaming site, and my co-owner was an EA GameChanger, and franchise improvements always took a back seat to the Madden Ultimate Team stuff as that mode got introduced.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yes it does.  Sadly, all they care about is diamond dynasty and the modes that can bring them micro-transactions.  I used to run a gaming site, and my co-owner was an EA GameChanger, and franchise improvements always took a back seat to the Madden Ultimate Team stuff as that mode got introduced.  

Yeah, that seems to be a recurring theme for sport's games right now, across the board.  2K does pretty well with adding to MyLeague/MyGM, but it is still taking a back seat to the MyCareer areas, where they can gouge people on the microtransactions.  At least they seem to be allocating some assets to the modes though.  I don't play NHL, but I have heard their new scouting system is pretty solid.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, BayRaider said:

Anyone gonna get The Show 19? Think ima pass this year with no franchise improvements. 

I am but I haven't gotten one since 16. Hopefully improvements to the RTTS mode and a few improvements to franchise/general gameplay I will be very happy.