Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 4/6/2019 at 2:49 PM, showtime said:

The game feels choppy and the loot system sucks.  But the biggest issue is, if I want to play a BR game, why would I play this over Apex or Fortnite - Two VASTLY superior games.

I think the real appeal to the BR is how great it looks and how well it runs, never choppy for me.  That being said the loot system is complete trash.  I can't believe they delayed the BR like 6 months after release and thought the looting system was a good idea.  On top of that no duo queue sucks as well but at this point I don't think they have the player base to support solo, duo, and quads.  

If this had been available on release I think it would have done really well.  The game is gorgeous, the fire idea is pretty cool, the vehicles surprisingly really work for this game mode, the idea of capturing objectives for supply drops is new and welcomed.  But like you said, with Apex just coming out and there being barely any player base, it's really tough for me to play more than just a few games at a time.  Waiting like 10 minutes in between games sucks.  

39 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I think the real appeal to the BR is how great it looks and how well it runs, never choppy for me.  That being said the loot system is complete trash.  I can't believe they delayed the BR like 6 months after release and thought the looting system was a good idea.  On top of that no duo queue sucks as well but at this point I don't think they have the player base to support solo, duo, and quads.  

If this had been available on release I think it would have done really well.  The game is gorgeous, the fire idea is pretty cool, the vehicles surprisingly really work for this game mode, the idea of capturing objectives for supply drops is new and welcomed.  But like you said, with Apex just coming out and there being barely any player base, it's really tough for me to play more than just a few games at a time.  Waiting like 10 minutes in between games sucks.  

To me, it doesn't feel as smooth as Apex or Fortnite does.

The problem with games like Blackout and Firestorm is that there is an entry fee to even play the game.... And those games will eventually be replaced with a newer version.  It's not even worth getting into either game.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:06 PM, showtime said:

To me, it doesn't feel as smooth as Apex or Fortnite does.

The problem with games like Blackout and Firestorm is that there is an entry fee to even play the game.... And those games will eventually be replaced with a newer version.  It's not even worth getting into either game.

Don't be trashing Blackout. Its a great BR game on top of a great multiplayer shooter. It fills the niche that PUBG should have. A great modern combat BR without all of the BS but enough depth to keep you playing. I still contend Fortnite is the most overrated game of this generation. I do think Apex is really good albeit I was turned off by the TTK. 

With the reveal of the Ep IX name and teaser, I was in the mood to play some Star Wars.  The BF2 taking forever to update so I’m playing BF1. This game is 🤬 impossible to play online. I swear every SW game ever made except for Disney Infinity is too damn hard. 

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Is there a Days Gone thread? Or do people think it will suck?

Planning on getting it Thursday.

Whats the overall feel towards how it will be? Gameplay vids seem ok, graphics seem better than RDR2.

Was thinking the same.  Made a thread.  I think it will be good.  What I'm most looking forward to about it is that it looks like it will be the closest thing to what a zombie game should be. 

I love the story in vampyr, I love the concept and the dialogues and entire thought process there but the game is a mess

-the freeze to load maps is obnoxious and annoying, it even happens while in combat

-when you pause and I pause, your movement is locked until you reset your joystick

-there is no fast travel

-the maps are movement locked so a lot of areas you need to get to are only obtainable in one precise way and nothing on the map is labeled to assist you in finding anything. It’s a ton of running around just to achieve a simple stupid task like getting to a different part of town

I love the idea behind all of it but it would’ve been better off in Ubisoft’s hands or another similar quality AAA developer. 

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I love the story in vampyr, I love the concept and the dialogues and entire thought process there but the game is a mess

-the freeze to load maps is obnoxious and annoying, it even happens while in combat

-when you pause and I pause, your movement is locked until you reset your joystick

-there is no fast travel

-the maps are movement locked so a lot of areas you need to get to are only obtainable in one precise way and nothing on the map is labeled to assist you in finding anything. It’s a ton of running around just to achieve a simple stupid task like getting to a different part of town

I love the idea behind all of it but it would’ve been better off in Ubisoft’s hands or another similar quality AAA developer. 

That's the life is strange devs for you. Great story but the gameplay is always "meh to passable" 

• Like 1

Just put down the Dragon Quest 8 remake on 3DS for good. Sank over 90 hours in it since Christmas. Great RPG, put very frustrating end game dungeon, too much relying on RNG. One thing I like in RPGs is the idea that if I become level 99, get all the best weapons, the best equipment, etc., I can kick ***! Not the case at all. Some probably enjoy that actual challenge, but I like a more relaxing experience!

• Like 1