Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Yep. 

20 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Put in 1100+ hours when it was still in Alpha but haven't played it since official release xD

Either one of y’all got any tips for the caravans to enter different areas. Do i need to have more people or am I just sending them out under equipped? Cuz they keep getting slaughtered lol

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Either one of y’all got any tips for the caravans to enter different areas. Do i need to have more people or am I just sending them out under equipped? Cuz they keep getting slaughtered lol

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1253251478

Normally I'd throw out a "MAX PROTECT TURRET MOD" or something but this should help, also this post I stole from reddit.

Caravaning is such an important part of the game, especially if you want to be successful. There's all kinds of tips, but since I mostly play vanilla, that's all I can suggest on:

1. Each trip needs Food, medical supplies, and bedrolls. One extra bedroll can often be well worth it in case you take a prisoner, buy a slave, etc.
  2. Pack animals are KEY. Your overland speed is an average of the speed of all your people, and is reduced based on how close you are to your maximum encumberance. So you'll move faster almost empty than completely full. Pack animals get you closer towards empty.
  3. Generally speaking You need about 3 people minimum to go caravaning. You can do less but it is just slightly dangerous. (assuming you are just going trading). A negotiator, a gunner and a medic. If one of those is also good at melee, even better.
  4. Bring a few extra weapons if you are doing a combat mission where you don't know what threat to expect. An extra set of EMP grenades, or sniper rifles might give you a tactical advantage in an encounter, and are ultimately not that heavy.
  • Like 1

That's all good advice.  ^^^

I almost never bothered with caravans until I had enough people in my colony that it could survive having 3 people gone for an extended period of time. 

Once I had a large, well functioning colony my typical caravans were made up of 5 man teams that would be fully equipped with the best possible weapons.  Depending on the mods I had enabled they would even be dressed differently so that I could quickly identify them - with one set of mods the "strike team" wore ghillie suits xD.

Another thing that can be easily overlooked are pawn skills (always have two people that are decent (i.e >5) medics), always take a good social skill pawn and check pawn traits (i.e. don't take night owls, those that are easily sick or can get de-buffs easily like sensitive etc).  And if possible, try not to take people in groups if they are rivals.

Once you're really quite well set up, I'd also suggest taking drop pods to where you need to go, and taking some chem fuel with you.  There is almost always enough materials at pirate camps etc to build some drop pods to send you back once you're done

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

but since I mostly play vanilla

I struggled with this soo much.

I think it was Alpha 17 (or whatever one where the Naked Brutality mode was introduced was) where I tried to play vanilla as all my favourite mods hadn't been updated, and it still ended up with 50+ mods as the colony grew and mods were updated

• Like 1

I'd like suggestions for a phone game, too.  Something I can play in bits and pieces at work when it gets slow over the last hour of the shift. 

I'd be willing to spend like 10 dollars on one if it will last for a long time. 

NOTHING with in-app purchases. 

I haven't kept up with phone games for probably 5 years, but I've really been itching to get a Switch and I'm trying to hold off on that since I have so much home improvement projects to spend money on. 

Are there RPG type phone games? 

I have an iPhone 8. 

I would like:

*Some kind of RPG
*A simulation game like Jurassic World: Evolution
*A tower defense game

• Like 1

So I have definitely been sending undermanned caravans then with lower than suggested medical ratings. Gonna try again at some point as my most recent colony got screwed. Had a heat wave that rolled through and caused one of my guys to break, while one was mauled by a grizzly bear... my other remaining pawn had the wimp trait who was also incapable of medical.. i hate this game but I love it so much. Been having so much fun with it lately

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd like suggestions for a phone game, too.  Something I can play in bits and pieces at work when it gets slow over the last hour of the shift. 

I'd be willing to spend like 10 dollars on one if it will last for a long time. 

NOTHING with in-app purchases. 

I haven't kept up with phone games for probably 5 years, but I've really been itching to get a Switch and I'm trying to hold off on that since I have so much home improvement projects to spend money on. 

Are there RPG type phone games? 

I have an iPhone 8. 

I would like:

*Some kind of RPG
*A simulation game like Jurassic World: Evolution
*A tower defense game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.cyberknightselite&hl=en_US

Anything by the trese brothers tbh, they make really good RPGs on mobile. I know it says in app-purchases but if I remember correctly it's like just two .99 cent characters. 

Edit: Saw the iphone 8. I have no idea if their games are on IOS but if they are they're well worth it but I can't say the quality of those versions. 

Edited by DingoLadd