Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

6 hours ago, animaltested said:

Played an extended amount of time this afternoon without a crash. Currently downloading a new patch. Alot of crash fixing in it. Heres hoping!

My group of 4 played for like 8 hours or something crazy and one crashed like twice (but in short period of time) and I THINK one other crashed, but me and the host never had problems. We are playing tonight so hopefully it's fixed or not a problem.

So I haven't played video games very much lately. But I got the urge to play Skyrim tonight and figured what the hell I'll go buy it for PS4 since my PS3 that I had my Skyrim character crashed. 

I go to Walmart since it was already past 11. Walk back to electronics and there is no Walmart employee to be found. Then I notice a line at the layaway which leaves me puzzled because I couldn't think of what would be getting a midnight release right now. Then I read the sign it was the SNES Classic release. I got the 4th to last one they had.

So my question is what do the Video Game gods want with me now? 

23 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

So I haven't played video games very much lately. But I got the urge to play Skyrim tonight and figured what the hell I'll go buy it for PS4 since my PS3 that I had my Skyrim character crashed. 

I go to Walmart since it was already past 11. Walk back to electronics and there is no Walmart employee to be found. Then I notice a line at the layaway which leaves me puzzled because I couldn't think of what would be getting a midnight release right now. Then I read the sign it was the SNES Classic release. I got the 4th to last one they had.

So my question is what do the Video Game gods want with me now? 

You basterd 

Start with link to the past.

@animaltested, @skywindO2

What is your guys' build in Divinity Original Sin 2? Or favorite build if you are playing multiple characters?

Im playing like a mage rogue with a crap ton of abilities (we only have one mage, so Im like a secondary). Scoundrel, Polymorph, Pyro, and bit of geomancer(all armor) because we have an undead tank lol.

Its been interesting. Ive basically been the armor shredder (both magical and physical) to let my teammates do the damage and statuses. But Im starting to do my own damage, its kinda insane.

4 hours ago, HighHopes said:

What is your guys' build in Divinity Original Sin 2? Or favorite build if you are playing multiple characters?

Im playing like a mage rogue with a crap ton of abilities (we only have one mage, so Im like a secondary). Scoundrel, Polymorph, Pyro, and bit of geomancer(all armor) because we have an undead tank lol.

Its been interesting. Ive basically been the armor shredder (both magical and physical) to let my teammates do the damage and statuses. But Im starting to do my own damage, its kinda insane.

My custom character is a knight with two-hander, planning to go into necromancy for self healing. Playing co-op with a friend and we each control two characters. We added Sebille to the party and I control her as a rogue. Planning to take her into Polymorph for extra movement options, plus I think those abilities are all finesse based like rogue. 

Friend plays our range characters. His custom character started as Aerotheurge and Hydrosophist so plays as healer/support. He picked up a point in necromancy and can make it rain blood, part of the reason I want to go into necromancy to take advantage of the blood. We also picked up Beast for the party and made him a ranger. Not sure exactly what the plan is for him. 

Due to the nature of how damage works vs armor, is it better to have a party that focuses on one damage type or better to mix? 

Just now, jyod21 said:

I've never played the RDR series.  How similar is it to GTA?

It controls very similarly. It has the open world and freedom to do what you want. Instead of stealing cars, you can steal horses, or go try to tame a wild horse. I really liked lassoing people and dragging them behind my horse, or hog tying them and leaving them on train tracks. 

The big draw in RDR was the story, it was very good. 

22 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

It controls very similarly. It has the open world and freedom to do what you want. Instead of stealing cars, you can steal horses, or go try to tame a wild horse. I really liked lassoing people and dragging them behind my horse, or hog tying them and leaving them on train tracks. 

The big draw in RDR was the story, it was very good. 

Awesome, thanks.  Sounds like a game worth purchasing, for me. 

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

My custom character is a knight with two-hander, planning to go into necromancy for self healing. Playing co-op with a friend and we each control two characters. We added Sebille to the party and I control her as a rogue. Planning to take her into Polymorph for extra movement options, plus I think those abilities are all finesse based like rogue. 

Friend plays our range characters. His custom character started as Aerotheurge and Hydrosophist so plays as healer/support. He picked up a point in necromancy and can make it rain blood, part of the reason I want to go into necromancy to take advantage of the blood. We also picked up Beast for the party and made him a ranger. Not sure exactly what the plan is for him. 

Due to the nature of how damage works vs armor, is it better to have a party that focuses on one damage type or better to mix? 

Your party is almost identical to ours LOL. We have a two handed undead knight, Sebille rogue/polymorph (me), mage with air/water, and ranger/summoner lol.

As for damage mix, I have no idea, it was something that worried me early on because our mage was basically stuck by himself trying to break magic armor. I picked up chloroform and a few fire spells to help. So then I basically backstab shred armor for our ranger knight to attack, then while those moves are on cooldown, shred some magic on someone else for the mage to do something.

Im starting to find people do a decent amount of mix with things like magic weapons. Its only like 5-10 fire or earth damage, but it chips away at it. I think its hard not to have both. Enemies will have some resistances to some magic, but not usually to physical, but its hard to deny the usefulness of a mage, so its probably better to have a mix but pick targets well?

On 29/09/2017 at 5:26 PM, HighHopes said:

Loshe: Dual Wield Areo-Summ Battlemage. Hard focus on Warfare and Buffing, Teleporting cheese.

Sebille: TwoHanded Necro-Poly-Warfare. Smash, Smash, Smash

Red Prince: Captain America Build. Hyrdo-Geo-Warfare, Shield Toss, Buff, Heal

Ibez: Pyro-Warfare-Huntsman. High Damage + Crits. Lots of physical draining and Kill shots.

All-In on physical damage and stacking Buffs. Its been ok thus far on Classic.

Edited by animaltested

On 9/29/2017 at 9:30 AM, RavensfanRD said:

Anyone here play Street Fighter V?

It's love day and I give out 'teh mittens'

I don't play much, but I watch a lot of tournaments.  I used to play Street Fighter IV a lot, but the underwhelming roster at the launch of Street Fighter V was a real turn off for me.

9 hours ago, animaltested said:

Loshe: Dual Wield Areo-Summ Battlemage. Hard focus on Warfare and Buffing, Teleporting cheese.

Sebille: TwoHanded Necro-Poly-Warfare. Smash, Smash, Smash

Red Prince: Captain America Build. Hyrdo-Geo-Warfare, Shield Toss, Buff, Heal

Ibez: Pyro-Warfare-Huntsman. High Damage + Crits. Lots of physical draining and Kill shots.

All-In on physical damage and stacking Buffs. Its been ok thus far on Classic.

That sounds awesome. Are you able to progress both the Red Prince story and Sebille's story since they both rely on that one lizard guy at Fort Joy?

Buddy and I finished Act 1, we sort of cheesed the boss though. 

16 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't play much, but I watch a lot of tournaments.  I used to play Street Fighter IV a lot, but the underwhelming roster at the launch of Street Fighter V was a real turn off for me.

Oh ok, that's cool. I stopped playing IV because it was like 50 editions. I love watching tourneys on Twitch. I don't watch all of them, but I do watch a few. Makes me want to use my Fight Stick I paid all that money for, but controller...controller just keeps pulling me back. :D

14 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

That sounds awesome. Are you able to progress both the Red Prince story and Sebille's story since they both rely on that one lizard guy at Fort Joy?

Buddy and I finished Act 1, we sort of cheesed the boss though. 

Yeah, Red Prince talks to dreamer first even if both are in your party. Then Sebille kills him much to the Red Princes anger. But nothing is affected.