Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bioware is redesigning...........

Wait for it

Anthem

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/anthem-redesign-is-coming-but-bioware-will-keep-th/1100-6473547/

"we're gonna fix the game guys"
3 months later 
"we're gonna fix it we promise"
3 months later

"WE KNOW WE MESSED UP BUT We'RE GONNA FIX IT"

3 months later

"content is coming"
3 months later

"we rushed it and we're gonna fix it because EA has always fixed rushed broken games"

I mean the fact Bioware hasn't been snapped into EA's list of dead studios after a year is promising but uhhhhh most of the Bioware team are on Dragon Age right now so I'd rather trust nintendo when they say they'll release mother 3. 

16 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

"we're gonna fix the game guys"
3 months later 
"we're gonna fix it we promise"
3 months later

"WE KNOW WE MESSED UP BUT We'RE GONNA FIX IT"

3 months later

"content is coming"
3 months later

"we rushed it and we're gonna fix it because EA has always fixed rushed broken games"

I mean the fact Bioware hasn't been snapped into EA's list of dead studios after a year is promising but uhhhhh most of the Bioware team are on Dragon Age right now so I'd rather trust nintendo when they say they'll release mother 3. 

Yeah, I'm not really seeing how they are going to overhaul the game like they are saying.  Even using Battlefront II as an example, DICE was making changes to things right at launch and it took them almost 18 months to get the game into the current state it's in right now (which is actually pretty good) . And as you said, most of the studio is onto Dragon Age as well as the persistent SWTOR team so they aren't in any situation to overhaul the game like Battlefront II.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, I'm not really seeing how they are going to overhaul the game like they are saying.  Even using Battlefront II as an example, DICE was making changes to things right at launch and it took them almost 18 months to get the game into the current state it's in right now (which is actually pretty good) . And as you said, most of the studio is onto Dragon Age as well as the persistent SWTOR team so they aren't in any situation to overhaul the game like Battlefront II.  

Yeah it's just PR speak at this point while Ea gives them one last game or two to save their reputation before they throw them to the investor sharks. 

Sucks for Bioware because I'm like 90% sure EA mandated they make an MMO instead of turning anthem into a new single player RPG. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:53 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

I think I remember reading about this months ago that the overhaul was in the works. I don't know. Could be further along than we know. 

11 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Anyone wanna help me pick a new game to buy? XB1

Since ya got gamepass 

As announced on the official Xbox Game Pass Twitter account, Ninja Gaiden 2 is coming to Game Pass on February 20, followed by Kingdom Hearts 3Two Point Hospital, and Wasteland Remastered on February 25. Yakuza 0 will launch on Game Pass on February 26, and finally, The Jackbox Party Pack 3 will be made available on February 27. It's unclear exactly how long each game will remain on the Xbox Game Pass service, so those interested should be sure to play them while they still can.

Yakuza 0. Is 100% one I recommend.  As with Wasteland, two point hospital.