Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats the way I have it so far. Just the story and ending for Black Flag alone is for me the best this entire gen has to offer. And game control was better than Unity that followed.

Odyssey was fantastic. But didnt have the impactful story to back the game. More "run-of-the-mill" story it followed.

I love anything pirates so playing in that world was great. Same with Greece but,  agree that the story could’ve been better.

Just finished the main story in Days Gone and it's damn good. Really damn good. If this game wasn't so buggy and more polished, I'd consider putting it in HZD territory. Not quite there but not far away. Fighting the Sawmill Horde was one of the most fun things I've done in a game. Really, really intense!! Very visually appealing, great story, Deacon is a solid character, and the hordes! Just all those damn bugs and whatnot. Oh well, tough to find a perfect game

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats the way I have it so far. Just the story and ending for Black Flag alone is for me the best this entire gen has to offer. And game control was better than Unity that followed.

Odyssey was fantastic. But didnt have the impactful story to back the game. More "run-of-the-mill" story it followed.

Edward Kenway is my favorite assassin ever 

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just waiting for Starfall or whatever that game is to be the perfect mix of Skyrim openness, Witcher 3 depth and Mass Effect setting.

Just you wait. 

Todd Howard will market the hell out of it

Then you'll play it and wonder why the hell it crashed 4 times before you finished the character customizer. . 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

Edward Kenway is my favorite assassin ever 

Seconded. 

On 1/15/2020 at 10:15 AM, Calvert28 said:

Try Ark. There's nothing like trying to build your first thatch house with your partner while gathering supplies. Taming cute little dinosaurs or maybe a triceratops or parasaur at the beginning and finally settling down for the night on a job well done with all y'alls hard work and success.

.....only to get back on the next day to find out that an Alpha Raptor wandered too close to your camp. Your creatures are set to defense so they start attacking the raptor but in vain. Your partner already dead and mutilated while the raptor is killing the rest of your pets. In desperation you pick a spear to go over and help thinking this is just like any other raptor until it turns around then hits you twice as fast and hard as the others you fought the day before. The raptor kills you, your partner is aleady half way back but you are still 10 minutes away from your little slice of heaven. 

You two finally make it back but stand a ways back so you dont attract the attention of that glowing demon who just wrecked 6 hours worth of work in about 5 minutes. The raptor stays camped to y'alls corpses, you have to wait about an hour before it finally wanders off being attracted by other dinosaurs it goes to kill.

You find out all your animals are dead, the house is wrecked, most of the supplies you had was destroyed in the chaos of the animals fighting around it. Time to rebuild. 

Fun game.

Sounds intense as hell. Might have to give it a try.

I'm trying to get my backlog cleared out, starting back at Dying Light, then Horizon, then witcher. All games I've played and gotten a good ways into, just never finished.

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I'm trying to get my backlog cleared out, starting back at Dying Light, then Horizon, then witcher. All games I've played and gotten a good ways into, just never finished.

Ark is unforgiving just remember that.

6 hours ago, The_Romen said:

All three are some of my favorites. I envy people like you lol. There's no way I can start a game and not finish it off I plan on it and just jump from game to game. 

So since I've just finished Days Gone and cleared all the hordes and have 0 missions left, I need something to fill the gap between now and FFVIIR. 

What do y'all recommend? Metro looks pretty good. I'm not really a snob about anything and I'll play anything entertaining. I only do single player.

Games I've played to help understand my likings: FF XV, Uncharted 4, Dying Light, The Last of Us, HZD, Fallout 4, Witcher 3. Someone gifted me "Control" but it just doesn't look like something I'd enjoy so I'm leaving it be. I'm kinda thinking that Tea Cup game but just need something I can finish in a couple months

Appreciate all suggestions