Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

49 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Read that Sony is focused on single player, narrative driven games on PS5.

That makes me really happy to hear.  That's what continues to give them the edge over Microsoft.

Agreed. We still get plenty of MP games. Sometimes you just want to immerse yourself in a world by yourself. 

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That makes me really happy to hear.  That's what continues to give them the edge over Microsoft.

Hell yes.  More Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk type games.

I haven’t played a game online in my life.

• Like 2

I will miss the Giant bomb After Dark stuff, someone needs to find a way to skype call in Phil Spenser so Jeff can talk to him.

Otherwise obviously the correct move, E3 is not only just filled with tens of thousands of people, but they're often in contact with each other and crammed into small rooms for interviews and demos.

It sucks, losing a trade show that has a lot of media access and most importantly, networking access for indie devs who also lost GDC so now have no face to face possibilities to sell publishers on their stuff and now face some hard choices, it's always bad. The economy is gonna suffer and people are gonna lose jobs.

Gotta do it though.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:50 AM, Lions017 said:

Think companies will just go the Nintendo route and release a prerecorded video presentation? 

WB has already basically confirmed that the reveal event they had planned is being moved to Digital, as has Xbox.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You laugh but Microsoft has............Ori?

Halo+Gears+Forza all have multiplayer.

10 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

So CDProjekt red says they will indeed be working on a new Witcher game after cyberpunk .. Nice.

Without Geralt*? Probably.

Which will be interesting because Geralt is best boi. 

52 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Oh yeah I mentioned the WB event but uh, yeah that Harry Potter game that got leaked in 2018 is getting announced along with a new Batman game and a new Rocksteady title (which rumors suggest is a Justice League game).

I feel like only one of those three get announced. Rocksteady's game might get put on hold because of the thing going around and saved for a year where it will do better saleswise.

The Batman game will likely also be released in 2021 to get a sales boost from the 2021 batman movie. 

That harry potter game feels like it's going to be a 2020 game, but it's not even announced yet so. 

6 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I feel like only one of those three get announced. Rocksteady's game might get put on hold because of the thing going around and saved for a year where it will do better saleswise.

The Batman game will likely also be released in 2021 to get a sales boost from the 2021 batman movie. 

That harry potter game feels like it's going to be a 2020 game, but it's not even announced yet so. 

The HP game will get announced and the Batman one will get announced but yeah probably with a 2021 date because I'm sure most of the team is either already working remotely or just calling it. Rocksteady's thing probably will at least get "announced" like they planned but I don't know just how much they have done for it yet, who knows. I feel the Harry Potter one might be a launch title for next gen in which case we won't see that **** until next year anyway cause uh, those consoles are getting delayed until next March.

A lot of games are going to see significant delays.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The HP game will get announced and the Batman one will get announced but yeah probably with a 2021 date because I'm sure most of the team is either already working remotely or just calling it. Rocksteady's thing probably will at least get "announced" like they planned but I don't know just how much they have done for it yet, who knows. I feel the Harry Potter one might be a launch title for next gen in which case we won't see that **** until next year anyway cause uh, those consoles are getting delayed until next March.

A lot of games are going to see significant delays.

I feel like Rocksteady's has been in development for 4-5 years now.

Heck they could be working on the HP game for all we know.

100% on the console Delays, especially with Sony still trying to nail down the final specs for the PS5 (CPU,GPU, securing ram, storage etc.) and with the production/manfacturing/logicistical issues because of the virus that will likely plague this year especially on memory/SSDs Sony is screwed.

Xbox maybe less so because they seem to have been farther along in production but it doesn't hurt to match Sony with a delay and get more units prepped in advance.