Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 3/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Without Geralt*? Probably.

Which will be interesting because Geralt is best boi. 

Agreed, but if they did want to try something new, I could mess around with a Ciri one or even like a Vesemir prequel and would still love it I think. 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Why??

Their explanation: We want to do something new and tell a new story.

Actual (Probable reason): The Witcher Writer was pissed their version of Geralt is more popular than Book Geralt and wanted more money/CD project Red paid him more money to alleviate the "bad deal" he signed way back in 2005-ish. He signed a deal for a lump payment instead of royalties for the Witcher games and sued them over it. It's all good now but you better believe they probably had to give up more than money to satisfy him and not "ruin" his book series by expanding it's potential audience.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed, but if they did want to try something new, I could mess around with a Ciri one or even like a Vesemir prequel and would still love it I think. 

Could be Ciri, wouldn't be shocked tbh. 

Still playing through Witcher 3 atm so I don't know how her story ends. 

37 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Their explanation: We want to do something new and tell a new story.

Actual (Probable reason): The Witcher Writer was pissed their version of Geralt is more popular than Book Geralt and wanted more money/CD project Red paid him more money to alleviate the "bad deal" he signed way back in 2005-ish. He signed a deal for a lump payment instead of royalties for the Witcher games and sued them over it. It's all good now but you better believe they probably had to give up more than money to satisfy him and not "ruin" his book series by expanding it's potential audience.

Could be Ciri, wouldn't be shocked tbh. 

Still playing through Witcher 3 atm so I don't know how her story ends. 

God please don’t have a ciri stand-alone 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Bought Dreams and Nioh 2 in the last week or two... and have yet to try either because I've poured 60+ hours in Divinity: Original Sin 2. Man I love these types of games.

Dreams is such a weird "game".

It really has the potential to be the next minecraft but it looks like Sony doesn't care about it given they pushed it out with no marketing. 

It's so weird to see mario on playstation or any fan game levels of classics. 

29 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Dreams is such a weird "game".

It really has the potential to be the next minecraft but it looks like Sony doesn't care about it given they pushed it out with no marketing. 

It's so weird to see mario on playstation or any fan game levels of classics. 

I was sceptical, but seeing what people have already made has sold me. The potential is incredible, and it seems like it'll actually realise a bunch of that.

And my understanding is that anything created is effectively "public", meaning that if someone can play your game/demo, they can also copy any designs/systems/etc you've put in there. The idea of stacking tons of components from tons of different games/demos together gives it some genuine "you could make a full game in this" ability.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

How do you guys portray your geralt? I always had him with a beard and it felt weird to me that there was no beard in the netflix series

I hear they are going to put a CG beard on Henry next season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

The irony is they're still doing things w/ the original DL. Just give that up and start making 2 the best it can be, dammit!! I can't wait to play this one. The first was an excellent game!

Yep and the same goes with GTA5. Companies are not going to make new games if dummies keep spending money on the old games.

Using my extra hours from not working to get to work on some new MLB The Show, but also AC: Origins.  I love the series up to this point- I bought it at launch but fell behind trying to catch up on all of the other games I missed in the series.  Please tell me it picks up after the Siwa prologue.  

So I just started Assassins Creed Odyssey. Trying to sneak around and kill everyone in a mission and this stupid bounty hunter keeps wrecking me. Really irritating when I’m trying to be stealthy, so now instead of doing my quest I’m just trying to kill this prick. I could have gone without the whole bounty hunter stuff myself, it’s like they have a GPS tracker on you.