Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

Man GameStop is really ****ing itself. I’ll be kinda disappointed seeing it go out of business but it is currently the most pathetic business. 

How they can classify themselves as "essential business" blows my mind.  But knowing people who have managed stores for them that I've worked with, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  I don't think I've ever come across a company that cares less about it's people than Gamestop.  

I guess they see the writing on the wall with everyone quarantined.  It's going to change habits.  Namely, people are going to see how easy it is to go digital for their games, and won't have a use for GameStop anymore.  And I think shopping malls and open-air town centers are going to be hugely impacted and may never see the same traffic, and GameStop's are predominantly in those locations. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How they can classify themselves as "essential business" blows my mind.  But knowing people who have managed stores for them that I've worked with, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  I don't think I've ever come across a company that cares less about it's people than Gamestop.  

I guess they see the writing on the wall with everyone quarantined.  It's going to change habits.  Namely, people are going to see how easy it is to go digital for their games, and won't have a use for GameStop anymore.  And I think shopping malls and open-air town centers are going to be hugely impacted and may never see the same traffic, and GameStop's are predominantly in those locations. 

The main reason they're doing this is AC/Doom are two of the biggest releases  this year that can still happen because it looks like digital is the way to go this year and this is right before the fiscal year ends for gamestop. 

They're 100% doing this for money, I'd imagine if gamestop shut down it's stores now after all the b.s they'd have a hard time not filing for bankruptcy. 

55 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Can anyone give me some good PS4 RPG game recommendations? I’m about to finish Control (solid game) and I’m looking to buy something that'll keep me occupied until FF7 drops

I have Control but it was a gift and it doesn't appeal to me lol. I still might give it a shot. 

Dying Light isn't an RPG but it's a great time killer!! Highly recommend. Horizon: Zero Dawn is the obvious to choice to me. One of my favorite all time. Fallout 4.  Can think of more if you've played those

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I have Control but it was a gift and it doesn't appeal to me lol. I still might give it a shot. 

Dying Light isn't an RPG but it's a great time killer!! Highly recommend. Horizon: Zero Dawn is the obvious to choice to me. One of my favorite all time. Fallout 4.  Can think of more if you've played those

Sweet thanks I’ll definitely check those out - haven’t played any of them

Control is bizarre honestly lol. I figured I’d give it a go since there’s really nothing else to do these days 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Sweet thanks I’ll definitely check those out - haven’t played any of them

Control is bizarre honestly lol. I figured I’d give it a go since there’s really nothing else to do these days 

Since you've never played any, I'd rank them like so:

HZD, Dying Light, Fallout

Dying Light takes the littlest amount of time, HZD next, then Fallout which can take you as long as you damn want lol. It never ends. 

Since you initially asked for RPGs, HZD is the easy choice. I'm anxiously waiting for FFVIIR also!! Doing my second play through of The Last of Us to hold me over. Hoping it gets released on time. Have fun!!

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Can anyone give me some good PS4 RPG game recommendations? I’m about to finish Control (solid game) and I’m looking to buy something that'll keep me occupied until FF7 drops

*Mass Effect: Andromeda is a lot better than its original release suggested. 

*I'm playing Skyrim for the first time since it was released.  MUCH better than I remember it.  My goal is to max out every skill and get every skill point with the new Legendary skill ability you can.  I also plan on becoming a millionaire in the game just because I always do this.  So far I'm at 290,000. 

*Days Gone was MUCH better than advertised.  A lot less open world/RPG elements than others, but it was a great time killer for me.  I will definitely be playing it again.  Second time I'm going to play it on its toughest difficulty though.  I played it on the second difficulty, which is what I do for every game, and it had a perfect balance of zombie threat I felt.  Until later in the game, you really have to be careful.  Slow start, but give it about ten hours and it really opens up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

*Mass Effect: Andromeda is a lot better than its original release suggested. 

*I'm playing Skyrim for the first time since it was released.  MUCH better than I remember it.  My goal is to max out every skill and get every skill point with the new Legendary skill ability you can.  I also plan on becoming a millionaire in the game just because I always do this.  So far I'm at 290,000. 

*Days Gone was MUCH better than advertised.  A lot less open world/RPG elements than others, but it was a great time killer for me.  I will definitely be playing it again.  Second time I'm going to play it on its toughest difficulty though.  I played it on the second difficulty, which is what I do for every game, and it had a perfect balance of zombie threat I felt.  Until later in the game, you really have to be careful.  Slow start, but give it about ten hours and it really opens up. 

@RBreezy I'll co-sign on Andromeda.  I had it for PC after launch and enjoyed it.  I did a playthrough on XB1 a month ago and enjoyed it more than the first.  I highly recommend it.  

• Like 1

I'll also cosign Days Gone. It's buggy as hell and rarely cringey at how bad it can be (Deacon yelling into his walkie when you're sneaking up on someone and they don't hear you as you're yelling) but the story is fantastic and overall, it's a really fun game. Fighting the huge hordes is awesome!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I highly recommend HZD. 

While it might not be a true RPG in that there aren't a whole heap of dialogue choices and they don't effect the outcome too much, it is a brilliant open world game with a great story line

I just couldn't get into it. Couldn't figure out how to kill the majority of monsters and grew tired of it pretty early on.

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I just couldn't get into it. Couldn't figure out how to kill the majority of monsters and grew tired of it pretty early on.

Been a while since I played it (last time was soon after the DLC came out). 

The story is very good once you get out of the first area (kinda like how TW3 gets a lot better after you leave White Orchard)

As for the dino-bots, you've just got to scan them with R3 to find their weak spots.  Stealth attacks are pretty OP on the small-medium iirc dinos.  Spamming fire arrows works on a number of them.  The big T rex ones require you to use the tethering weapon to hold them still and then use precision arrows to knock off all their weapons.