Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Another E.A. studio bites the dust: Visceral Games is officially shutting its doors.

Well, there goes my dim hopes of a Dead Space 4. Look on the bright side, though: at least ex-employees CAN find new work now, unlike their Eastern counterpart.

But on a serious note, **** E.A. Between this and killing off mass hype for Battlefront II with a BS loot crate system, my hatred for this POS company has kicked up a peg or two in recent weeks. I was like "take my money" @ the SWBF II E3 reveal, too.

My guess is BioWare will be next on the chipping block after the epic fail that was ME:A, better hope Anthem is a huge hit.

PS, is it wrong that I keep tuning into The Know simply for Ashley? ^_^

Edited by KManX89

On 10/16/2017 at 10:23 PM, skywindO2 said:

I randomly started playing Stardew again and I can't stop. I'm turning my farm into a brewery and winery. ConcernedApe needs to add a distillery option. 

I bought it moons ago on PS4, but never started it really. Debating on holding off until they can figure out the multiplayer aspect of it for the switch and buying it on there to play with a friend.

6 hours ago, Mossburg said:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/25/16542870/microsoft-kinect-dead-stop-manufacturing

rip in pepperonis to the item that everyone knew was worthless except for the company desperately trying to convince everyone that it wasn't.

The Kinect isn't worthless.  The biggest issue with the Kinect is Microsoft forcing people who wanted an Xbox One to own the device.  The Kinect made the Xbox One's launch a nightmare mainly because the console was roughly $100 more expensive than the PS4... and it was more expensive because of an accessory that should have always been optional.  

I think I have to designate the PS4 as the worst console of all time (at least as far as what I've owned). Game preferences aside, between the awful controller battery life, the awful thumb grips, games that don't allow you to change controls and force you to choose between presets, still a slow and crappy user interface with online fees for the same thing that was free last time, this is the first time in all my years of owning all kinds of consoles from different makers where I think the overall experience is lacking. If the same applies to the XB1, then it's tied for the worst of all time.

I'm actually at a point where I want to play less competitive PC games and do more single player couch gaming, and I basically have been reminded what a shizbox this thing is.

Edited by Mossburg

3 hours ago, Mossburg said:

^So what would be an appropriate term for an accessory that nobody utilized, not even first party developers, to the point that it was put out of production? I think worthless is appropriate.

worthless is appropriate and it's exactly what the Kinect is. the most worthless accessory that those of use who purchased the console early were forced to buy - so it could also be called a ripoff on top of worthless. 

• Like 1