Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Holy Smokes!  The game director for Overwatch, Jeff Kaplan, responded to a person who made a post saying they have been repeatedly banned for essentially no reason.  This person claimed they were reported non-stop because they main Torbjorn and they were doing nothing wrong.  Here's what Kaplan wrote in response,

CosmicGhost,

You have over 220 reports for harassment. Looking at your chat logs, these reports are verified. Here are some examples:

now im dont give a [expletive]
they can [expletive] my [expletive]too
you deranged addicted nerd
and this community is ignorant and insane
im the reason for anything good
good morning you sad sad dumb generation
LONG WALK FOR A PILE OF [expletive]

Plus you continually accuse other players of hacking -- we're seeing this in a significant percentage of your games played. The players you are accusing are not hacking, they are just performing at a high level.

Also, you repeatedly spam lines such as:

TOrbrbrbrbBrbrbrBrBrBRBBRBRBRBRbRBRBRbRB

Our community has made it clear to us that Toxicity is one of the top issues that needs to be addressed in this game. As a result, we're getting stricter and that means people are going to get suspended and banned for poor behavior. You've fallen into that category.

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't agree with some of your points.  NFL players don't make openly racist, homophobic, or nazi jokes in public for everyone to see - at least for the most part.  Those are things said between players or people inside of the locker room.  xQc is a player for the Dallas Fuel; a organization co-owned by Team EnVyUs and Hersh Family Investments.  What he does on his stream represents not only himself (like it was in the past), but now it represents the Overwatch League and the organizations involved with the team/league.

Fine, don't do anything about it.  You're setting a precedent right when then league starts that his behavior is okay.  I'm 100% certain Blizzard is not okay with this behavior based off past statements they have made.  The question is, what will be done about it.

I never said NFL players say those things, I said Gamers say those things on streams.

6 hours ago, MathMan said:

both the south park and shadow of war games werent as good as their prequels in terms of groundbreakingness.

they were both much bigger, but didnt havr thwt unique gamechanging quality to it

It's hard to make a groundbreaking game and then make a sequel that is as groundbreaking without changing everything and making an entirely new game.

45 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

It's hard to make a groundbreaking game and then make a sequel that is as groundbreaking without changing everything and making an entirely new game.

i totally agree. although i think shadow of war is meant to be a shorter game. right now, theres just too much to do and its kind of all the same.

south park could have been a hair shorter. once you get to a certain point, the puzzles arent challenging anymore and are repetitive.

On 12/17/2017 at 2:50 AM, MathMan said:

both the south park and shadow of war games werent as good as their prequels in terms of groundbreakingness.

they were both much bigger, but didnt havr thwt unique gamechanging quality to it

I was kinda hoping war would be fresher (I have it but haven't played it yet cause I'm still on AC Origins) but a continuation is okay with me. Hoping the next one is dramatically different though because I'm sure it'll get hella stale 

10 hours ago, Tyty said:

I was kinda hoping war would be fresher (I have it but haven't played it yet cause I'm still on AC Origins) but a continuation is okay with me. Hoping the next one is dramatically different though because I'm sure it'll get hella stale 

im on level 30 and its just now starting to be stale. still so much to do.

i may switch over to skyrim soon.