Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I also was never able to kill those dinosaurs with the green sacs on them. Just really didn't understand anything about the game. 

You need to use the Focus on each new machine (press R3) until you learn their weaknesses.  You then should use the appropriate weapon to target those weaknesses, but there is no "right" way to beat each one

5 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

You played and RPG... And skipped the side missions?

I did all the side missions up until you hit the castle that crosses you from the east to the west. Then someone said you dont need to worry about leveling, so just did main quest from then on.

Good news on it. I got that game and Overwatch free with my PS4, along with a 50 dollar gift card during black friday for 238 with tax added. Traded in both games and got 50 bucks at gamestop for them yesterday. My PS4 ended up being basically 138. Then traded in GTA5, Just Cause 2, and Far Cry Comp for PS3 for a new GTA5 copy for PS4. So happy now.

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:
37 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I got Stardew Valley on Saturday and it has absolutely ruined my life 

Just one more day and I'll go to bed, I swear. 

At work on 5 hours of sleep. I played for like 10 hours yesterday lol and got off at midnight, but I couldn't sleep. It is supposed to be a peaceful game.... but the running clock messes with my brain, I couldn't settle down for hours

12 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Flying eagle???

Do you mean the stormbird? Because you don't fight one of those until the end of the main quest. 

I fought the Stormbird at the Hunter's Lodge quest I believe it was. That quest wasn't too late. I know there's another one up north towards the end but I fought one well before that point. I remember b/c of how insanely difficult it was.

EDIT: Yeah, he you go:

http://horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Deadliest_Game

This side quest is when you get introduced to the Stormbird and it's extremely difficult self.

Edited by JTagg7754

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I also was never able to kill those dinosaurs with the green sacs on them. Just really didn't understand anything about the game. 

Those are fairly easy once you get used to them. The piercing arrows will do a ton of damage to the giant sack and once you destroy that part, it'll explode and the thing will be about 75% dead and won't have a fire attack any more. At first I had so much trouble w/ Long Legs b/c they were so damn fast as well as Snapmaws and the Cinthawks b/c of their ability to fly. If you think they're tough, don't get the DLC lol. The enemies up there are way more difficult. To me it sounds like you just need to get the nuances of the game down and keep going at it. IMO, it's one of the more fun games I've ever played. I'm probably 80 hours in and not bored at all but I am almost done :(

On 12/30/2017 at 11:51 PM, CWood21 said:

So...I've been out of playing video games for a little while now and I've got an XBox One sitting there being an expensive DVD/Blu Ray player.  What kind of games would you suggest if I wanted to get back into gaming?  I think the last game I played was Black Ops 3 and the futuristic part of the game completely lost interest after a day or two.

I'll always pimp Rocket League. Simply because of the joy the game has given me. Have been playing since April of 2016 and I still get the itch at work to get home and play. Never has a game held my attention the way RL does. By far my most played game of all-time and I don't see that ever changing as I always buy big AAA titles, play for 20 hours, and hang it back up for RL.

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I got Stardew Valley on Saturday and it has absolutely ruined my life 

The game is absolutely brilliant.  I went in with fairly low expectations as previous games like Harvest Moon never really held my attention for very long, but this one took over my life.  To this day I still can't say exactly what it was that made it so addicting, but I've held off on starting a second farm because I've got a backlog of games I want to get to and I know if I start it again I'll never get around to anything else.  I'm not sure I've ever genuinely enjoyed a game as much as I did Stardew Valley. 

9 hours ago, LionsFan01 said:

The game is absolutely brilliant.  I went in with fairly low expectations as previous games like Harvest Moon never really held my attention for very long, but this one took over my life.  To this day I still can't say exactly what it was that made it so addicting, but I've held off on starting a second farm because I've got a backlog of games I want to get to and I know if I start it again I'll never get around to anything else.  I'm not sure I've ever genuinely enjoyed a game as much as I did Stardew Valley. 

When they update console versions for multiplayer, it will wreck my life again. I have a friend and we're desperately waiting for this to come out.