Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What is so fantastic about Stardew Valley? I watched a promo on it and it doesn't look so great at all..... it looks like that game that took over smartphone devices a few years ago that was kinda corny also.... Farmville.

I thought the same thing. It now consumes my every thought

Just now, JTagg7754 said:
2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I thought the same thing. It now consumes my every thought

Just curious but why? Did you also enjoy Farmville?

I did not enjoy farmville. I did not play it. But the social aspect of that game made it a competition. In Stardew it's you vs the clock, but it is very inviting. I don't really know how to describe it, I'm sorry

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I did not enjoy farmville. I did not play it. But the social aspect of that game made it a competition. In Stardew it's you vs the clock, but it is very inviting. I don't really know how to describe it, I'm sorry

Fig-8-big.jpg

LOL But really, I think you did enough: "It's you against the clock" and since I don't play except on weekends for a couple hours here and there, this doesn't seem like it's for me.

Hope you continue to enjoy it though

• Like 1

It's just a really well made game. It can be stressful if you play for maximum gain, but it also has self-paced progression that can make it rewarding and relaxing. 

Comparing it to Farmville is a really lazy comparison. Outside of the being on a farm, their isn't really any similarities. Farmville is a flash based farm simulator, Stardew is more like an RPG.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What is so fantastic about Stardew Valley? I watched a promo on it and it doesn't look so great at all..... it looks like that game that took over smartphone devices a few years ago that was kinda corny also.... Farmville.

I'm kind of the same way.  I've played the game and it is very fun and really well made, but I'm not sure how this consumes anyone.  I have read how people have poured hundreds of hours into the game and how some have became addicted to it.  Couldn't be me.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm kind of the same way.  I've played the game and it is very fun and really well made, but I'm not sure how this consumes anyone.  I have read how people have poured hundreds of hours into the game and how some have became addicted to it.  Couldn't be me.

I don't think I'll own it or ever play it simply b/c it seems like the more you put into it, the more you get out of it and I'm a very casual player where I won't touch my console until late on a Friday or Saturday night until the wife goes to bed since I'm a night owl lol. Looking at the video of it though, it's definitely beyond me why it's such a big deal but to each their own!

Stardew Valley is the best game of this generation for me. It's a homage to the old school Harvest Moon games that consumed a lot of my childhood. It's a simple concept that goes surprisingly deep in game-play. I think the biggest thing about Stardew, for me at least, is the constant feeling of progression. You're always working towards something - whether it be working to prepare for the new season, working to conquer the cave, working on your crops/animals/farm, etc. It's also very relaxing to play and I find it to be one of the best games to sit down, relax and drink a few beers.

JMO, obviously - it's not for everyone and I have a few friends who also didn't get super into it. 

On 1/1/2018 at 10:49 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Right after the sun fort/gate? Been so long since I played it. You get past a gate after killing a corrupt robot. 

Nah. That was at the beginning of the game. You can't fight a stormbird that soon.

There are only like 4 or five in the game and three of them were quest related. 

Edited by Supersuavesky

On 1/2/2018 at 11:23 AM, JTagg7754 said:

I fought the Stormbird at the Hunter's Lodge quest I believe it was. That quest wasn't too late. I know there's another one up north towards the end but I fought one well before that point. I remember b/c of how insanely difficult it was.

EDIT: Yeah, he you go:

http://horizonzerodawn.wikia.com/wiki/Deadliest_Game

This side quest is when you get introduced to the Stormbird and it's extremely difficult self.

The Hunter's Lodge quest are mostly after you hit Meridia though. There are a few early in the opening area but for the most part it opens up when you hit the city.

And in hindsight I think he was talking about the Glinthawks.... Which would also be after the opening act but not very far in to the game. 

59 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Nah. That was at the beginning of the game. You can't fight a stormbird that soon.

There are only like 4 or five in the game and three of them were quest related. 

Just googled main story quests. It was a little after the Carja Border fort. Didn’t get much past that as everything killed me. 

Question. If I were to buy a digital game for my Nintendo switch at someone else's house to use their wifi to download it, would I still be able to play the game at home without wifi? Just wanna be clear cause if I pulled that with my ps4 I'd be SOL. 

43 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Question. If I were to buy a digital game for my Nintendo switch at someone else's house to use their wifi to download it, would I still be able to play the game at home without wifi? Just wanna be clear cause if I pulled that with my ps4 I'd be SOL. 

Pretty sure you'll be fine. It's connected to an account I'm pretty sure?

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

Pretty sure you'll be fine. It's connected to an account I'm pretty sure?

Yeah seems like it'd be odd to not let you do that or else the whole portable aspect becomes a little pointless. But I'm not gonna get burned buying a game I can't play just in case lol. I'm sure someone on here that plays on trains or breaks at work can answer for me for sure