Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Nah, I just meant that Bethesda does that modding thing well with their personal games. The ironic thing is, for all the complaining, the introduction of the Creation Club has made the modding scene as a whole spike.

Anyhow for anyone else interested here's a breakdown of what to expect with the Lordbound mod.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I always change my carry limit to be absurdly high. I can't believe people don't do that, there's nothing fun about moving slow because you picked up one too many cheese wheels. 

Yeah I do that. That's the main one. I'm too obsessed with picking everything up and then having to go sell and come back gets too long for me. I don't have the time I used to so that saves some for more valuable gameplay for me.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah I do that. That's the main one. I'm too obsessed with picking everything up and then having to go sell and come back gets too long for me. I don't have the time I used to so that saves some for more valuable gameplay for me.

Fallout 4 was the worst for it because it had more random things to pick up that might actually be useful later for settlement upgrades. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Fallout 4 was the worst for it because it had more random things to pick up that might actually be useful later for settlement upgrades. 

Yeah exactly. It's cool they had uses but then I never wanted to leave anything behind.

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Reformed League streamer tyler1 was unbanned and had his first stream. I saw he reached over 350 thousand viewers at one point. Is that a record view count for a single broadcaster?  

I don't know

I always play in survival mode with 1 strength and ban Strong Back. No companion.

After your weapons, armor, ammo, food and water you have about 10 pounds of carry weight. 

Anything else is softcore child's play. Boring.

Also playing survival with no armor, no companion, no drugs, no settlements and melee-only is by far the most fun I've had. 

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I always play in survival mode with 1 strength and ban Strong Back. No companion.

After your weapons, armor, ammo, food and water you have about 10 pounds of carry weight. 

Also playing survival with no armor, no companion, no drugs, no settlements and melee-only is by far the most fun I've had. 

You're a mad man!

Seriously tho, I'd be throwing my controller through a wall in no time

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

My first and only real playthrough so far was a rifleman/stealth/crafting survival build with a full settlement network. I'm at level 55 now and unless I get swarmed I one-shot most enemies even during open engagements. I finished the main campaign (Minutemen) and felt pretty underwhelmed.

I'd like to start another survival build with no settlements or technical expertise (crafting / lockpicking / hacking) and just rely on loot while I'm wandering.

39 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

My first and only real playthrough so far was a rifleman/stealth/crafting survival build with a full settlement network. I'm at level 55 now and unless I get swarmed I one-shot most enemies even during open engagements. I finished the main campaign (Minutemen) and felt pretty underwhelmed.

I'd like to start another survival build with no settlements or technical expertise (crafting / lockpicking / hacking) and just rely on loot while I'm wandering.

stealth rifleman is definitely the best non-melee build. Overseer's Guardian is OP. 

for me, stealth blitz melee is the most fun, and is far and away the most OP build. 

In general the difficulty does not scale well after level 40, except for Nuka World. I usually just start over around level 45 because nothing is a challenge anymore. 

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

stealth rifleman is definitely the best non-melee build. Overseer's Guardian is OP

for me, stealth blitz melee is the most fun, and is far and away the most OP build. 

In general the difficulty does not scale well after level 40, except for Nuka World. I usually just start over around level 45 because nothing is a challenge anymore. 

That's exactly what I've been using, with max upgrades and .308 ammo. Plus all the stealth / silencer bonuses make it pretty extreme.

Melee builds are intriguing but I want to stay away from stealth for my second playthrough. I had also maxed out my intelligence so I got to level 55 relatively quickly (maybe 50 hours or so), I'd like to slow that down for my next playthrough.

16 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Reformed League streamer tyler1 was unbanned and had his first stream. I saw he reached over 350 thousand viewers at one point. Is that a record view count for a single broadcaster?  

I was like he was banned AGAIN but I forgot he was only banned from league.

I'm dumb

13 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

You're ten times the man I am. I could never handle that lol

Those days are long past for be. I hate the challenge these days haha