Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 1/8/2018 at 12:30 PM, JTagg7754 said:

So based on a small discussion here and a perfect rating on Steam (over 8k reviews), I decided to watch Life is Strange all the way through. I can get why people liked it but not sure why people are obsessed. I really enjoyed The Butterfly Effect and this should've been up my alley but maybe if I was a 15 year old girl, I might like it more. The story definitely got me and I wanted to see where it ended but maybe it's just the walkthrough I watched. It was kinda weak but if they had just stuck w/ the story and not looked at every damn possible thing, it might've been better. Really enjoyed the music for sure. Been listening to Syd Matters - "Obstacles" almost all day.

Anywho, I really like stuff like this and TellTale's The Walking Dead and games that are more like movies that I can watch on YouTube like movies. Any other suggestions for these? They're great for while I'm at work that I can just watch a little bit here and there.

The Life is Strange soundtrack is really good. I love the Foals song at the end.

Could probably watch any of the other TellTale games too if you haven't played or watched them already. The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Border lands are the best ones IMO. Or maybe look for playthroughs of old point/click adventure games.

10 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

The Life is Strange soundtrack is really good. I love the Foals song at the end.

Could probably watch any of the other TellTale games too if you haven't played or watched them already. The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Border lands are the best ones IMO. Or maybe look for playthroughs of old point/click adventure games.

Oh does TellTale specialize in these games or something?? Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into them. I don't play many games and I don't think I'd spend money on games more like stories than actual game play. This is why I think Fallout 4 will be my next purchase. Tons of game time and it seems to be widely accepted.

I've enjoyed the Life is Strange soundtrack. I saw they released a prequel to the game, watched 5 minutes of it and realized I couldn't go through it again lol. Chloe was annoying to me.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Edited by JTagg7754

11 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh does TellTale specialize in these games or something?? Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into them. I don't play many games and I don't think I'd spend money on games more like stories than actual game play. This is why I think Fallout 4 will be my next purchase. Tons of game time and it seems to be widely accepted.

I've enjoyed the Life is Strange soundtrack. I saw they released a prequel to the game, watched 5 minutes of it and realized I couldn't go through it again lol. Chloe was annoying to me.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

I'd also recommend a watching this game...

I'd link my video for it but I think sharing that kind of stuff is a no-no on FF. 

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

That's exactly what I've been using, with max upgrades and .308 ammo. Plus all the stealth / silencer bonuses make it pretty extreme.

Melee builds are intriguing but I want to stay away from stealth for my second playthrough. I had also maxed out my intelligence so I got to level 55 relatively quickly (maybe 50 hours or so), I'd like to slow that down for my next playthrough.

I've been wanting to do another FO4 run lately, and I have never done an unarmed build.

I'm gonna go full Hulk Hogan. Unarmed, no armor/clothes, no stealth or intelligence. Full strength and charisma. 

My backstory is going to be a retired professional wrestler, and during the cryo process, something didn't quite go right and I came out as an ultra aggressive, insane ghoul (gonna get the Ghoulish and Cannibal perks). Every speech check will be evil/insane. I'm going straight to Nuka World and going full raider; Preston can rot in that museum. 

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I'm the opposite. If a game is too easy it bores me. I also ramp up the difficulty, change aiming settings, etc.

I used to. It's just not in me anymore. It doesn't help I buy a billion PC games that I will never play so  I'm always thinking I need to finish one to get to something else or I wasted my money. That might be my biggest problem honestly.

18 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I used to. It's just not in me anymore. It doesn't help I buy a billion PC games that I will never play so  I'm always thinking I need to finish one to get to something else or I wasted my money. That might be my biggest problem honestly.

I have that same problem...just this past year I bought like 60 games on steam during the various sales and I've only even downloaded maybe 20 of them, lol.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

I have that same problem...just this past year I bought like 60 games on steam during the various sales and I've only even downloaded maybe 20 of them, lol.

That's exactly me. I have stuff I bought 3 years ago, never been installed.

23 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'd also recommend a watching this game...

I'd link my video for it but I think sharing that kind of stuff is a no-no on FF. 

Just watched Edith Finch. That was pretty neat. I wouldn't feel the best if I bought a game that was only a few hours long for the amount of dollars it probably cost but it was a neat story!!

6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Just watched Edith Finch. That was pretty neat. I wouldn't feel the best if I bought a game that was only a few hours long for the amount of dollars it probably cost but it was a neat story!!

I agree it was a bit much for what the story was but it was a great experience. Lewis's story in particular was quite the trip. 

Assassins Creed Rogue is getting a remaster for ps4 and Xbox one. Game was instantly buried because it came out right around when the ps4 came out and wasn't offered for this gen. I'm happy about it cause then that will mean the only game that needs remastered is ACIII which I liked. AC1 doesn't need remastered unless it is completely redone because AC2 was kinda hard to work with remastered as it was.