Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed because of the hours this game has sucked from my life but I just hit Champion 2 in Rocket League last night and am now in the top .12%. 

Will be signing autographs over the weekend for anyone interested. 

Edited by packerrfan74

54 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed because of the hours this game has sucked from my life but I just hit Champion 2 in Rocket League last night and am now in the top .12%. 

Is the game that fun if you don't have PSN or whatever the Xbox version is? All the guys at my office play it on PC but I don't have PSN due to the rarity I play games but it seems like it's a ton of fun

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Is the game that fun if you don't have PSN or whatever the Xbox version is? All the guys at my office play it on PC but I don't have PSN due to the rarity I play games but it seems like it's a ton of fun

As a beginner you can definitely have fun offline for a while. They have a season mode that progresses you against bots. They also have a great training mode where the community can post their own training packs. Once you're able to comfortably beat the AI though, you won't find much to do that's not online. Give it a shot though. It's $20 tops and this is a game I bought almost 2 years ago and still get the itch to play while I'm at work. I have bought several of the AAA titles and they hold my attention for several hours until I inevitably end up back on RL. IMO, it has the largest skill gap between newbies and the pros of any game. By far the best value I have ever gotten out of a game. Check it out, it's worth it. 

Also, if you got PSN you would be able to play private matches with your work buddies as RL is cross platform.

10 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I just got to Silver 3. Come at me bro.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Looking for some suggestions for couch co-op on the PS4. 

Diablo 3 is a really fun game and from what I have heard it is really fun for couch coop.  You can definitely play through the story mode, if that's what you're looking for, but that game has unlimited playing potential and it's honestly a ton of fun playing with a friend(s).

Other games to consider would be Cuphead, Rocket League, Resident Evil 5 or other Resident Evil games, Rockband, Ark: Survival Evolved, and there are probably quite a bit more that I cannot think of right now.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Diablo 3 is a really fun game and from what I have heard it is really fun for couch coop.  You can definitely play through the story mode, if that's what you're looking for, but that game has unlimited playing potential and it's honestly a ton of fun playing with a friend(s).

Other games to consider would be Cuphead, Rocket League, Resident Evil 5 or other Resident Evil games, Rockband, Ark: Survival Evolved, and there are probably quite a bit more that I cannot think of right now.

D3. the replay value of the game is great. When you get to grinding and trying to find and upgrade your gear. It was made even better with them introducing seasons to the console games. Making the replay even better cause everyone gets to be on a level playing field again. Its even better when you have a group of friends. I could play it by myself on my xbox1 or playing with randoms but could be even better with real friends.

Everyone is so head over heels over Horizon Zero Dawn but I'm not loving it so far. Controls are super wonky and climbing controls suck and are vague and hard to spot. Guessing most of the Magic is in the story because otherwise, meh. Just feel like I'm playing a wonkier Far Cry Primal but with machines 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Everyone is so head over heels over Horizon Zero Dawn but I'm not loving it so far. Controls are super wonky and climbing controls suck and are vague and hard to spot. Guessing most of the Magic is in the story because otherwise, meh. Just feel like I'm playing a wonkier Far Cry Primal but with machines 

What's wrong with the controls?? I don't find them difficult at all. You'll get used to seeing the climbing spots also. I had trouble at first but it gets easier. Where the rubber meets the road for me is the machines never become pushovers. Yeah, they get easier as you level up but it's not like other games where they're the easiest thing in the world

8 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

What's wrong with the controls?? I don't find them difficult at all. You'll get used to seeing the climbing spots also. I had trouble at first but it gets easier. Where the rubber meets the road for me is the machines never become pushovers. Yeah, they get easier as you level up but it's not like other games where they're the easiest thing in the world

It's just not very smooth. I feel like I'm playing a 2010 assassins creed game 

6 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Are you playing the right game? lol. I'm very picky when it comes to video game controls and I had no problem with Horizon personally.

Oh damnit I've been playing battletoads this whole time 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tyty said:

I thought this game was  overrated but had no issues with the controls. I found myself loving it at first then midway through or so just underwhelmed. It became a chore to play rather than a great experience. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I thought this game was  overrated but had no issues with the controls. I found myself loving it at first then midway through or so just underwhelmed. It became a chore to play rather than a great experience. 

Yep I turned it down to just easy mode so I can just fly through it