Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Happy 10th Greatest Game Ever.. GTA IV!

Niko, Lil Jacob, Roman, Packie and the rest. I love you guys.

I love GTA and I returned the game on release day. Something about driving cars around the city and instead they felt like boats.. turned me off immediately. 

I later repurchased and played through and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Greatest game ever is a far reach though.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:30 PM, packerrfan74 said:

I love GTA and I returned the game on release day. Something about driving cars around the city and instead they felt like boats.. turned me off immediately. 

I later repurchased and played through and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Greatest game ever is a far reach though.

He did say 10th greatest game... but even that is a major stretch. To each their own though.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He did say 10th greatest game... but even that is a major stretch. To each their own though.

He clearly meant happy 10th birthday though to the greatest game ever though. GTA4 isn't even the greatest GTA game. I think it's 4th best at best. 

On 4/24/2018 at 5:41 PM, Heimdallr said:

Microsoft just updated the Xbox One X/S to include 1440p and FreeSync support. 

Sony better be following suit soon, or that might be enough for me to switch from PS4 to the One X.

There is a reason why Xbox, even with the One X, will continue to get pummeled by Sony this console generation. Sony has far more engrossing and quality exclusive titles... Which will always be far more valued than graphical output.

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

He clearly meant happy 10th birthday though to the greatest game ever though. GTA4 isn't even the greatest GTA game. I think it's 4th best at best. 

He said happy 10th greatest game ever GTA IV. So it definitely wasn't clear, especially to someone who didn't realize it was the 10th anniversary of the game.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, HighHopes said:

@skywindO2

The only ones I've seen are the ones played on Mostly Walking and the only other one they played was "Sea of Darkness" so I can't give an informed opinion. But I will say Curse of Blackmoor Manor interested me more personally from those two. The train mystery aspect doesn't feel as flexible or the Manor seems more mysterious.

Making good progress on this one, I'm liking the lack of sodoku.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

There is a reason why Xbox, even with the One X, will continue to get pummeled by Sony this console generation. Sony has far more engrossing and quality exclusive titles... Which will always be far more valued than graphical output.

I think gaming is in a spot right now where console graphics are at their least valuable. You can get a gaming computer to run 4K on 60 fps for not that much more than a XOX and it can play PC games, and it can do everything else a PC does for you, but the Xbox one X can't even deliver 4K in 60 fps and not even most games offer that yet.

In a few years I think they will be able to build a console that is $500 or maybe even $400 that can offer 4K gaming in 60 fps with HDR and all that and yet gaming computers will still be on 4K and maybe 120 fps by then but relatively cheap ones won't offer enough of an upgrade over the console to justify the price gap.

Of course by then, the PS5 should be able to offer all that, so Microsoft's advantage will be gone, and they will be right back where they were before the Xbox One X came out.

Microsoft either needs to get at least three console selling exclusives (compare to their current zero) or they need to do something crazy innovative like the Switch or their next console will be a huge failure.

• Like 1

Yea the exclusive disparity has never been this wide. I actually think the PS4 is a bad console (worst controller ever, annoying design, terrible interface, etc) and would rather not own one, but here I am looking to trade mine in and upgrade to a Pro only to play a few exclusives.

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Making good progress on this one, I'm liking the lack of sodoku.

Lol, I'm pretty sure the Mostly Walking guys spent like an hour plus on one sudoku and they were streaming it lol.

Does it have other kinds of puzzles though? The last game was basically finding pieces to do puzzles lol. They weren't as bad as "Do a sudoku" but yea. I wonder if those puzzles were always just a part of the Nancy Drew games.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This. 

No reason for me to go out and buy an X when I can just get a high-end gaming PC and play the same games on that. xD

2 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Lol, I'm pretty sure the Mostly Walking guys spent like an hour plus on one sudoku and they were streaming it lol.

Does it have other kinds of puzzles though? The last game was basically finding pieces to do puzzles lol. They weren't as bad as "Do a sudoku" but yea. I wonder if those puzzles were always just a part of the Nancy Drew games.

Yeah, still puzzles, including doing a jigsaw puzzle to get a little girl to give me her computer password. 

5 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Well let's see, San Andreas, V, and Vice City, so yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Well let's see, San Andreas, V, and Vice City, so yes.

The original GTA 3 was better when you consider the time it came out. It was revolutionary. GTA 4 was a huge disappointment to me. It was still really good, but it felt like it went backwards from San Andreas, despite being on a vastly superior console.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The original GTA 3 was better when you consider the time it came out. It was revolutionary. GTA 4 was a huge disappointment to me. It was still really good, but it felt like it went backwards from San Andreas, despite being on a vastly superior console.

I don't think I even beat 4, GTA 3, VC, and SA were all legendary and iconic, but 4 is very forgettable imo.

I haven't beaten 5 either and I don't quite understand the hype around it. Its a great game but not as legendary as the first 3 imo. But I never played online or with mods and I'm assuming that's where all the hype is from.