Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

12 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I don't think I even beat 4, GTA 3, VC, and SA were all legendary and iconic, but 4 is very forgettable imo.

I haven't beaten 5 either and I don't quite understand the hype around it. Its a great game but not as legendary as the first 3 imo. But I never played online or with mods and I'm assuming that's where all the hype is from.

The hype around is years of GTA Online content, the mods, the fact it is an actually great game more or less add it all up to being "the best game ever" but one thing it can claim to be is the most profitable game ever. 

https://screenrant.com/gta-5-most-profitable-entertainment-product-ever/ I mean hell that's more profitable than star wars has proven to be as a film franchise (give or take inflation) 

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

The hype around is years of GTA Online content, the mods, the fact it is an actually great game more or less add it all up to being "the best game ever" but one thing it can claim to be is the most profitable game ever. 

https://screenrant.com/gta-5-most-profitable-entertainment-product-ever/ I mean hell that's more profitable than star wars has proven to be as a film franchise (give or take inflation) 

That article is pretty bogus, it doesn't provide sources or stats really.

WoW handily beats $6 billion for instance with 14 years worth of $15 monthly subs from up to 12 million subs at it's peak I think? And mostly over 5 million for like 12 of those years.

Also the MCU should count as one if star wars counts as one.

32 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

That article is pretty bogus, it doesn't provide sources or stats really.

WoW handily beats $6 billion for instance with 14 years worth of $15 monthly subs from up to 12 million subs at it's peak I think? And mostly over 5 million for like 12 of those years.

Also the MCU should count as one if star wars counts as one.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-violent-videogame-has-made-more-money-than-any-movie-ever-2018-04-06

Fair enough probably should've used the original story most articles are regurgitating.

WoW is without a doubt one of the most profitable games in history and that's why I said GTA 5 can claim to be the most profitable game in history though it did slip my mind , purely on sales it's ridiculous what it's made over the years (Roughly 5 billion) not to mention the endless amount of money GTA online itself makes. We'll never know for sure because companies never release enough data to accurately say which is the most profitable but you can guesstimate.

I say star wars as a gauge for a film franchise with ridiculous amounts of success, the MCU has made like 20 billion just from the movies obviously it triumphs everything ever in terms of pure profit.

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

And yet Take Two/Rockstar STILL wasn't content with the mountains full of cash they were reaping and continued to try to find more ways to suck money out of their playerbase; shark cards, jacking up prices for a longer grind, etc.

This is the same company who charged players for new haircuts for NBA 2K18 without even lending players a preview and charged you more money for the old hairdo if you didn't like it, which is why I have serious reservations about RDR2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I don't think I even beat 4, GTA 3, VC, and SA were all legendary and iconic, but 4 is very forgettable imo.

I haven't beaten 5 either and I don't quite understand the hype around it. Its a great game but not as legendary as the first 3 imo. But I never played online or with mods and I'm assuming that's where all the hype is from.

I agree about 4 completely.

5....it deserves the hype, HOWEVER, you are right that its not quite as legendary as the first 3 on PS2.   However, the concept was alot newer then.   GTA 5 took the familiar concept, added some new mechanics and did it on a much larger scale....however, you can obviously tell is a GTA game.  Nothing overly revolutionary....but everything was done so well and on such a huge scale....I believe it deserves all the hype it gets.

5 IMO is what 4 NEEDED to be.    4, as it is, while graphically more impressive, just felt like a step back from San Andreas.   There was so much you could do in SA that you couldnt do in 4, and not much in 4 you couldnt do in SA.      

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

So got to playing some underrated gems on the PS4 during late nights with the Baby. I would have to say Prey, Mad Max, and Nioh are all awesome. 

Don't think Nioh or Prey count as underrated.

4 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Just NV? Or Nexus and everything related?

New Vegas and it's mod directory. Nexus will allow you to re-download what you need.

I typically do it on purpose at least twice a year to get rid of mods I'm not using.

2 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Don't think Nioh or Prey count as underrated.

New Vegas and it's mod directory. Nexus will allow you to re-download what you need.

I typically do it on purpose at least twice a year to get rid of mods I'm not using.

I'm completely new to not only modding but PC gaming in general. The tutorial videos on YT only go so far until you want to use different mods and then load orders are changing. Just getting lost when I'm doing it. -_-

On 5/3/2018 at 10:18 PM, packerrfan74 said:

I'm completely new to not only modding but PC gaming in general. The tutorial videos on YT only go so far until you want to use different mods and then load orders are changing. Just getting lost when I'm doing it. -_-

That's how I learned. Trial and error.