Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 8/14/2017 at 11:49 PM, flyers0909 said:

PUBG gets the heart pumping. 

I'm actually considering buying this game. Looks like a lot of fun to just hop into. Is it worth it?

Also, I'm really looking forward to MvC Infinite. I'm  gonna hold off on buying it until it's out for a week or so, but I'm definitely interested in it.

34 minutes ago, McNabbs Beef said:

I'm actually considering buying this game. Looks like a lot of fun to just hop into. Is it worth it?

Also, I'm really looking forward to MvC Infinite. I'm  gonna hold off on buying it until it's out for a week or so, but I'm definitely interested in it.

Without a doubt.  It's been pretty much the only game I've played for the past few months.

They just added first person mode which has been a great addition to the game, it really discourages camping I've found.  

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

FPP is actually slanted towards camping since you have the distinct advantage of not having to police your corners.

I have to disagree.  Maybe it doesn't result in any more or less camping, but is so much less effective.  You can't sit at the top of stairs, behind trees, proned on roofs, crouched in a bush, etc and have vision like you do in 3rd person.  

I think it promotes so much more fighting.  In 3rd person if you shoot at someone and they get to cover, you can both just sit there and see each other the entire time.  In FPP if I get a few shots off and a guy goes to heal, I can rush him without him knowing.  

I find there are so fewer people towards the end of games in FP than third. 

Edited by flyers0909

Scored myself 2 SNES Classics last night. One from Best Buy and one from Amazon as soon as they launched. Couldn't believe it.  Will definitely be adding it to the shelf next to the NES Classic, and praying that I can score an N64 Classic next year (....they've got to be making one of these I'd imagine) 

Friends and I randomly decided to play some Overwatch again this week. We hadn't played for a while. First time playing Orisa. Her abilities are great but I think she's a failure in character design. A 4-legged centaur-like character needs to have a a charge or some other move speed ability. The abilities given to her just don't match her physical appearance. 

I was able to upgrade my computer, a buddy gave me a graphics card so I went from a ati 7870 to a MSI R9 390.  I only had to upgrade my power supply (easy) and flash my motherboard bios (a little frightening).  It did not boot before the flash with the R9 but after the flash my life has changed.  I am still terrible at Pubg, although I do have a few chicken dinners thanks to my friends and duos and squads but now I get to enjoy the game before I die stupidly.  

The last first person game that I really played was the old duke nukem 3d, back in the late 90's, I have been more of an RTS and dota guy but I am finding the love for pubg.

On 8/25/2017 at 2:02 AM, Supersuavesky said:

Why.

Because if you could be an Olympic athlete for being an unathletic virgin they should've made dungeons and dragons an Olympic sport decades ago. It's incredibly lame and stupid and frankly embarrassing 

44 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Because if you could be an Olympic athlete for being an unathletic virgin they should've made dungeons and dragons an Olympic sport decades ago. It's incredibly lame and stupid and frankly embarrassing 

I mean look at some of the stuff in the Olympics right now. Badmitten and Handball are pretty much just past times. I don't think they care as long as it brings them money.