Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Black Ops 4 will still have zombies but I'm assuming that if the BR mode does well zombies will become an afterthought 

No, I got it.. this is CoD. BR with Zombies. Fight against players and the undead. I can see the marketing now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Wait this new CoD is going to have a Battle Royale mode like PUBG and Fortnite?

Yes, but expect it to be littered with microtransactions and/or even loot boxes and be P2W to the extreme. This is Activision we're talking about, after all, one of the evil 4 (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Konami). The same company that cut out and resold 9-year-old DLC maps from MWR with a price hike to boot, essentially sold MWR as a separate release for full price after bundling it for $80 with a game no one wanted and threw in microtransactions containing new weapons that could only be "earned" through them. They make no secret about wanting to reach into player's wallets at every turn, so you better believe they WILL do the same thing here.

Hell, I'm pretty sure they know they can get away with sneaking MTXs/LBs in there because everyone will be itching to play the BR mode. And since it IS Activision, I wouldn't put it past them to abuse the hell out of it.

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

Yes, but expect it to be littered with microtransactions and/or even loot boxes and be P2W to the extreme. This is Activision we're talking about, after all, one of the evil 4 (EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Konami). The same company that cut out and resold 9-year-old DLC maps from MWR with a price hike to boot, essentially sold MWR as a separate release for full price after bundling it for $80 with a game no one wanted and threw in microtransactions containing new weapons that could only be "earned" through them. They make no secret about wanting to reach into player's wallets at every turn, so you better believe they WILL do the same thing here.

Hell, I'm pretty sure they know they can get away with sneaking MTXs/LBs in there because everyone will be itching to play the BR mode. And since it IS Activision, I wouldn't put it past them to abuse the hell out of it.

Do you ever get tired of complaining about the same garbage everyday? We get it - you hate certain companies and their micro-transaction models. There's absolutely no reason to pound your chest every-time someone mentions something. Every single topic someone brings up about a game ends up with you complaining about a company and their micro-transactions - ****s getting real old. 

Not that I care because I have no interest, but will this be on Steam? I saw the BNet launcher had this added on there like they did with Destiny 2. Does that mean no Steam? Will be interesting to see if this has any impact on PC sales.

13 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Do you ever get tired of complaining about the same garbage everyday? We get it - you hate certain companies and their micro-transaction models. There's absolutely no reason to pound your chest every-time someone mentions something. Every single topic someone brings up about a game ends up with you complaining about a company and their micro-transactions - ****s getting real old. 

Micro-transactions are fine as long as it's cosmetics.  Fortnite has a ish ton of cosmetics, but they don't impact game play.  I know Call of Duty has supply drops and such, but maybe it'll work with micro-transactions.  I think Call of Duty has a good shot here to do something cool in the Battle Royale world because it's still such a new genre.  It'll be hard to overtake Fortnite, but if the game is good and has some cool stuff then it has a chance to pass PUBG.

EDIT:  DIdn't mean to quote that, but i agree with you.

4 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Not that I care because I have no interest, but will this be on Steam? I saw the BNet launcher had this added on there like they did with Destiny 2. Does that mean no Steam? Will be interesting to see if this has any impact on PC sales.

Will be interesting to see.  Destiny 2 isn't on Steam, but past CoD games have been on Steam.

Black Ops 4 looks amazing. Once that comes out I won't be playing anything else for a long, long time

Also, they do not have a Season Pass for pre-order and have hinted at new DLC plans, so I think the DLC maps are going to be free for everyone which would be HUGE.

The Supply Drop system has also been great in the past two games. You can get everything without paying or getting lucky with RNG. 

16 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Any honest gamer that grew up playing games before micro transactions ruined things should talk about how terrible every chance they get. The fact that such terrible business practices are successful is disgusting imo, and when people stop complaining is when it becomes common in every game and the terrorists win.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Any honest gamer that grew up playing games before micro transactions ruined things should talk about how terrible every chance they get. The fact that such terrible business practices are successful is disgusting imo, and when people stop complaining is when it becomes common in every game and the terrorists win.

How have microtransactions ruined things?  Lol

1 hour ago, showtime said:

How have microtransactions ruined things?  Lol

From companies that don’t have a good MTX model, they have absolutely negatively impacted gaming. Major AAA are being shipped barebones, the majority of the time incomplete, and if you want to experience everything the game has to offer you probably won’t get it until 8-16 months into the life of the game. I know I personally have purchased maybe one game on day one in the past couple years.