Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 5/25/2018 at 6:15 AM, animaltested said:

Knife attacks = instant kills. Cuz you know, realism.

CoD does the same thing, though. Hell, you can even dash through bullets with a bullet-sponging insta-kill lunge from 10-20 feet away (Commando perk), LOL.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

How long is it though? Seems like a game worth renting, unless it's worth repeating for all the different paths.

I'm honestly not sure how long it is.  I haven't played through the entire game yet and I've avoided all spoilers and such.  It's a really well made game.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

How long is it though? Seems like a game worth renting, unless it's worth repeating for all the different paths.

8-12 hours depending on the player Id say it's worth replaying at least once but there's at least 5 replays worth of content.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:26 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

Well they aren't in 1942 because they just represented something bad. My understanding was because it's illegal to use them in that way in Germany and at that time they didn't want to press two versions of the game, the easier way was to do away with them. It wasn't some huge social issue where they singled them out over hammer and sickle or what have you. It was kind of a money issue actually lol does that make you feel better now

This is it. Swastikas and other Nazi imagery are illegal to use in Germany except in strict historic context. Wolfenstein is basically the only game that will actually use Nazi images, and they have to release completely different versions in Germany. And given that Wolfenstein is single player only, it’s probably easier to swap those images out without having to worry about how it impacts multiplayer assets.

Also kinda weird that a whole group of people who are apparently so concerned with the historic accuracy of a game’s portrayal of war couldn’t even pick up that a character was clearly wearing French garb. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iPwn said:

This is it. Swastikas and other Nazi imagery are illegal to use in Germany except in strict historic context. Wolfenstein is basically the only game that will actually use Nazi images, and they have to release completely different versions in Germany. And given that Wolfenstein is single player only, it’s probably easier to swap those images out without having to worry about how it impacts multiplayer assets.

Also kinda weird that a whole group of people who are apparently so concerned with the historic accuracy of a game’s portrayal of war couldn’t even pick up that a character was clearly wearing French garb. 

Yeah exactly and I brought up the French thing and linked people to female French resistance fighters but they just pretended they didn't see it for their historeeeeeeeeee

12 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've played a lot of it but it's been a while. 

Do you know if there is a mod that will make building on slopes easier? I love the game but I am getting so damn frustrated with not being able to build roads because of slight variations in elevation. Mods for that and any other favorites of yours would help as I am somewhat new to it. I should add, the terrain softening tool sucks or maybe I'm just not using it right.

Edited by packerrfan74