Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

15 hours ago, iPwn said:

This is it. Swastikas and other Nazi imagery are illegal to use in Germany except in strict historic context. Wolfenstein is basically the only game that will actually use Nazi images, and they have to release completely different versions in Germany. And given that Wolfenstein is single player only, it’s probably easier to swap those images out without having to worry about how it impacts multiplayer assets.

Also kinda weird that a whole group of people who are apparently so concerned with the historic accuracy of a game’s portrayal of war couldn’t even pick up that a character was clearly wearing French garb. 

What I think of the conversation thus far and I think it's a accurate representation.

Edited by Calvert28

26 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

How exactly does that work? How many people can be in the same game?

I think 4?  I host a game and then my buddy can just join through steam. Some of the lines are kinda blurred in terms of what is shared. Money and resources are shared but some quests are not. It’s still in beta so you get the occassional glitch but it’s so fun to play with someone else. 

23 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

How exactly does that work? How many people can be in the same game?

It’s in beta right now for PC only, and only online through Steam right now. It’s coming to consoles as soon as they get everything ready for version 1.3. Local, LAN, and online multiplayer all are supposed to be supported, from my understanding. Only peer to peer, as it really would be a terrible idea for random people to be able to advance your days when you aren’t there.

Official support is three additional players (so 4 including the host player). With mods you can get unlimited, though anything over 13 seems to be causing issues for people.

18 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Thinking it's just a switch port - but I would love Fallout 3/NV Remastered 

100% think it's just a switch port. Ports are all Bethesda does anymore. Really dumb they're teasing it like this, like it's the grandest news of all time. 

39 minutes ago, Tyty said:

100% think it's just a switch port. Ports are all Bethesda does anymore. Really dumb they're teasing it like this, like it's the grandest news of all time. 

That's just not true. They came out with Fallout 4 less than 3 years ago and then in 2016 they released 6 DLC packs for it. The only "ports" they've since done is an updated skyrim special edition so it could come to all the new consoles, along with skyrim and fallout 4 VR releases in 2017. They probably will port fallout 4 to to Switch because it makes sense, but they are still working on their newest IP.

• Like 1