Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 5/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, Tyty said:

So nooo one on here is talking about the new Pokémon switch thing? Lol. We used to have a Pokémon thread going in TAST, entertainment, and the video game forum lol

There's a in and moon thread here.

It's just the games aren't gen 8 so there is only marginal interesst.

50 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I can't wait for this game to get delayed until February 22nd, 2020.

A little concerned.  I think any zombie game should mean if you get bit, it's game over.  Cures and crap are lame. 

Meh, they would get redundant if it were a one bite, game over thing. Giving them a specific amount of time to get cured is a nice little twist. 

This looks sexy AF!!!

I can't wait for this game. This new trailer makes it look even better

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Meh, they would get redundant if it were a one bite, game over thing. Giving them a specific amount of time to get cured is a nice little twist. 

This looks sexy AF!!!

I can't wait for this game. This new trailer makes it look even better

Exactly, if games played out exactly like they do in real life, ARs would be a 1 or 2 hit kill in shooters every time, but that would greatly devalue the experience, so they work around it a bit.

49 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Final Fantasy XV on sale for $25 and GTA V on sale for $20 on the PSN store. Are either of those worth getting?

IMO all games after 7 were crap but just my opinion.

As for GTA V if you wanna strictly play the main story all the way through it's a pretty decent game. You stray from that though and it's like your watching a live action version of politics from the Huffington Post. It's preachiness just had me turn it off like 2 hours in. It was bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Final Fantasy XV on sale for $25 and GTA V on sale for $20 on the PSN store. Are either of those worth getting?

I really enjoyed FFXV. I loved the new fighting system compared to turn based. The graphics were fantastic. The characters were pretty good but where the rubber meets the road is their interaction with each other. It is the main reason I got back into gaming after at 2 decade break and I'm glad I played it. Got about 95 hours of game play also if that means anything. For that price, I'd say it's worth a shot if you like the series.  I'm sure they've worked out the bugs and expanded on it since I got it. It becomes very linear after you get off the main continent so keep that in mind. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I really enjoyed FFXV. I loved the new fighting system compared to turn based. The graphics were fantastic. The characters were pretty good but where the rubber meets the road is their interaction with each other. It is the main reason I got back into gaming after at 2 decade break and I'm glad I played it. Got about 95 hours of game play also if that means anything. For that price, I'd say it's worth a shot if you like the series.  I'm sure they've worked out the bugs and expanded on it since I got it. It becomes very linear after you get off the main continent so keep that in mind. 

They also added Mod abilities for the PC (I played the PS4 version).   And they did really cool stuff like have a Christmas festival - and added DLC that while for the most part was really uninspiring, the Ignis chapter is one that's a must-play if ppl played the original game and loved the comraderie the Chocoboys had (Prompto was OK, Gladiolus was painful).

I will say the reason to play FFXV is if you love the JRPG focus on story and characters, understanding their weird fascination with JRPG character types.   The sidequests for bounty hunting are actually quite fun...but the story play is VERY linear.  This is not Witcher 3 level of open world play.   The Chocobo exploration and that extensive FF soundtrack while driving are golden, though.   It's billed as a FF for the newbies, which is true, but it's a bit misleading, because love of FF will help enjoy the experience more.   

I played with my 12 year-old as her first RPG, and she just loved the music, characters (being a preteen, not surprising), and it got her interested enough to play FF VI & Secret of Mana on the SNES Mini...and she can't wait to play FFVII remake.   She's a sucker for the Telltale type-story games, so understand who this type of game will appeal to.   It's nowhere near as great as FFVI and FFVII (the pinnacle IMO, although I give a lot of respect to IX & XII).   But I found it a lot of fun too.

The good part about FFXV now for ppl who didn't play it is that it also kinda fixed the brutal later 2 chapters, where the gameplay was so, so bad if you played it pre-update.   I know it's heresy, but I would have much preferred they waited 6 months and got the DLC and better chapter play done.   I know this is a bigger topic, but I expect way better from Squaresoft when it comes to their flagship franchise.    I hope they learned from FFXV in making the FFVII remake.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Did the Ignis chapter explain the obvious question that arises with his character?

Very much so.  And explains more on a couple of others (Arden and Freya’s brother Ravus) more.   Plus after you do the chapter you can replay the last battle with a different choice (take it obv lol) to get an alternate overall story ending.   

The final kicker - the score is awesome it’s done by Mitsuda the guy behind Chrono Trigger and Xenogears.   It’s an awesome way to play 2 hours.  This DLC is 100x better than the other 2.  Not even close.  I really enjoyed FFXV but if they made the overall game as well as this DLC we’d be talking about this game with the best FF games ever (VI / VII - as it is it’s enjoyable but not in the same league).   Like I said it’s a must play if you finished FFXV (I don’t think that at all for the other 2 DLC chapters).

For others - don’t play this DLC until the game is done.  Major spoilage obv. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I'm watching some Realm Royale on twitch and it looks really fun/interesting. Name is trash tier though.

The concept is really cool but I just can't buy into the gunplay right now.  Maybe me and my buddy just suck but the gunfights feel terrible.  

As far as the name goes, it's infinitely better than Paladins Battlegrounds, which is what the game initially was.  

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

The concept is really cool but I just can't buy into the gunplay right now.  Maybe me and my buddy just suck but the gunfights feel terrible.  

As far as the name goes, it's infinitely better than Paladins Battlegrounds, which is what the game initially was.  

What about the gunplay bothers you? I've been playing using a controller even though it's so poorly optimized that I can't even bind all the actions at once, but so far for me the aiming isn't bad.

Also, Realm Royale sounds like a bad pay to win phone game, Paladins Battlegrounds is also bad. They shoulda just went full troll and named it Biweekly.