Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean...saying "they," in reference to 4chan, leaked Smash Ultimate, is like saying that "we," in reference to Footballs Future, predicted last year's superbowl, because 1 person predicted it correctly. It's just a different anonymous person making a post that may or may not be fake. Other previous anonymous people making posts that were or were not fake don't really have anything to do with the credibility of this one. It isn't like it's a cohesive website or a single writer. It's just random people throwing crap at the wall with it occasionally sticking. Ultimately, it's probably bull. Like most of what is posted on 4chan.

Beyond the fact that it's 4chan, it's a rehash of a 2012 "leak" for another MVC game that was supposed to get an update called the "Uncanny Edition." The same rights issues exist that existed when it was first released, and it would've taken a lot of time to do the amount of work listed in that post, so they basically would've had to start on a full cast of X-Men right after releasing a game that couldn't have X-Men? The Avengers 4 promotion bit also sounds like non-sense because none of what's added is Avengers 4 related, and that would be a really niche marketing campaign compared to a dozen other things that Marvel can and will do instead. It would also probably wind up being a PR nightmare for Capcom, because the post says it will be a standalone version, not just like a DLC or update, so you'd inevitably have people up in arms about respending $60 because Capcom got it wrong the first time. The rumor also hasn't hit anywhere except social media and smaller Youtube channels, after presumably a week of people trying to validate it. It just doesn't really make sense for anyone except people on the internet who want a MVC game that isn't garbage, and likely won't be getting that for awhile.

I mean, there's always that maybe. Weirder stuff has happened. But when we start trusting 4chan rumors, we've truly failed as a society.

Actually, no, there are no rights issues. One, Disney acquired Fox, so those rights issues no longer exist, and two, said rights issues only pertained to the films, not the games or anything non-film related. They could've easily included the X-Men/F4 characters in the base game if they wanted to as they did MvC3/UMvC3, it's just that Perlmutter was anal about Fox owning the film rights and Capcom thought fans would gladly buy the X-Men/F4 characters as DLC, so it was a money-making decision more than anything. It didn't turn out that way and the game ended up having relatively soft sales for a whole lot more issues than just character rights (graphics/presentation being a major one that also turned a lot of casuals away). Hell, if you look at the leaked roster, a lot of those characters make sense in terms of promotion material. Deadpool, Juggernaut and Cable were just in DP2 and will be in the upcoming X-Force movie as will Psylocke IIRC, Dr. Doom and Gambit are getting their own solo movies, Leon Kennedy makes sense as do the other RE characters because Capcom has the RE2 remake they want to shill (it includes Jill, who was in RE3, which takes place around the same time and features Nemesis as the main villain, who's already in the game and I could definitely see making a small cameo in the remake, and of course, Wesker, the architect of the RC outbreak in the two games), Vergil makes sense for promoting DMC5, and Doc Ock will be appearing in the Spider-Man PS4 game as the main villain, so he makes all the sense in the world on Marvel Games' end.

As for development time, vanilla MvC3's development started in 2016, and it included 30 characters on its base roster while only adding 5 new ones and the rest being recycled from previous games (though Thanos' moveset did get a complete makeover from MvC2, and surely that took time), it also had an additional 3 new characters who were already complete and deliberately cut out as DLC (Black Panther, Monster Hunter and Sigma), this alleged update adds an additional 28 characters with only 4 of those being new (Doc Ock, Leon, Gene and Asura) and the rest being ported, also with a little over a year, so it's believable.  

Listen, I'm skeptical of the leak, too, but for different reasons, though the PR nightmare bit does have some merit. It should have a digital update for those who already own the original game and making owners of the original having to repurchase for all the money allegedly spent on this makeover does sound financially-risky. It would be UMvC3 all over again, and you'd think Capcom would've learned their lesson from THAT debacle.

Edited by KManX89

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Persona 5 is VERY linear to start. I get that, because it does seem to take awhile to learn everything I need to know how to do. At what day does it open up though?

Uhh, depends what you mean by open up. If you mean like an open world, never. If you mean like when does the game stop telling you what to do each day, Im not sure. But there are always going to be scheduled stuff you can't avoid.

11 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Uhh, depends what you mean by open up. If you mean like an open world, never. If you mean like when does the game stop telling you what to do each day, Im not sure. But there are always going to be scheduled stuff you can't avoid.

I meant more freedom to choose what I do each day. I ran across it finally. Wasn’t much longer after I posted this (like April 22)

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I meant more freedom to choose what I do each day. I ran across it finally. Wasn’t much longer after I posted this (like April 22)

Okay, yea. Glad you found it. It can be kinda hard to remember that because the game goes in and out of heavily scheduled things where you don't really choose what to do.

Has anybody played Jurassic World: Evolution?  I don't expect it to be a great game, but I'm interested in it as a time sink type game just to mess around with.  I just don't know whether or not it's what I should expect or if it's just absolutely terrible. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Has anybody played Jurassic World: Evolution?  I don't expect it to be a great game, but I'm interested in it as a time sink type game just to mess around with.  I just don't know whether or not it's what I should expect or if it's just absolutely terrible. 

I'm interested but waiting for the price to come down or some more content to come out for it. All the game play and comments I've heard seem to agree that the game is too barebones right now. 

Need a little bit of input here. What is the difference between Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence Ascension and Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence?

The one with Ascension is cheaper than the one without. Why Im asking.

And anyone played Grand Ages:Medieval? Just kinda looking for a strategy game that isnt modern.