Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Need a little bit of input here. What is the difference between Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence Ascension and Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence?

The one with Ascension is cheaper than the one without. Why Im asking.

And anyone played Grand Ages:Medieval? Just kinda looking for a strategy game that isnt modern.

Imo Crusader Kings 2 is the king of all medieval strategy games and it's not even close.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I got Jurassic World: Evolution.  It's exactly what I was hoping it would be.  I like it. 

I heard it's pretty good for what it is, but I was hoping we'd get a good action-adventure/third person shooter dinosaur game in the modern era. Here's hoping Capcom brings back Dino Crisis. 

Seriously, why not try to capitalize on JW's success? 

9 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Imo Crusader Kings 2 is the king of all medieval strategy games and it's not even close.

Doesnt seem to be PS4 friendly though. I have no stream membership, and gamestop doesnt sell it. Always heard it was a great game, but dont see where to get it.

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Doesnt seem to be PS4 friendly though. I have no stream membership, and gamestop doesnt sell it. Always heard it was a great game, but dont see where to get it.

Oh yeah no it's a pc game, there aren't many good strategy games on consoles tbh PC has always been where the good strategy games are. It's not an overly demanding game or anything so you don't need a high end rig to play it (as with most strategy games). 

As far as where to get it, it's on steam.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I love most of the paradox games, they are great at the strategy games

I own the most recent game of 3 of their 4 grand strategy titles (don't have Vicky II, seems a bit too complicated for me) but EU4 is by far my favourite.  I have over 900 hours in EU4 and about 150 in HOI4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I own the most recent game of 3 of their 4 grand strategy titles (don't have Vicky II, seems a bit too complicated for me) but EU4 is by far my favourite.  I have over 900 hours in EU4 and about 150 in HOI4.

I haven't played a HOI game since the first one and never played Victoria 2 but I've played a ton of EU4, CK2, and Stellaris.

Really excited to play the new game they got coming next year imperator: Rome. I've always enjoyed games in the ancient Roman era so a paradox game in that era is definitely a must play for me. (I never played EU:Rome)

Edit: also never played the one they have set in the sengoku period in Japan.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

(I never played EU:Rome)

Edit: also never played the one they have set in the sengoku period in Japan.

Thinking about it more, because I only came to their games following the launch of EU4, I've actually played less than half the PDX titles,

I totally forgot about Stellaris and Surviving Mars (for some reason I thought PDX were the distributor not the developer, like they are for Cities:Skylines and BattleTech) and I haven't played either of those nor EU:Rome.  I didn't even know they had a strategy game set in Japan

• Like 1