Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 7/17/2018 at 12:06 AM, rob_shadows said:

Imo Crusader Kings 2 is the king of all medieval strategy games and it's not even close.

God that game had a high learning curve. I had a B**** of a time figuring out everything I could do in that game. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I haven't played it since its disastrous release. Has there been a pretty big jump since then?

There have been 3 huge updates, each with massive changes, and this new one next week is going to be the biggest of them all. Definitely go back and try it again after this update. Nowhere near the same game.

It really sucks that either (A) Sony forced them to release before they were ready, or (B) they ran out of money and needed the sales to keep working, because if this next update was released as the initial game it would have been a massive success. It is pretty clear the initial build of the game was not what they planned on releasing.

45 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

There have been 3 huge updates, each with massive changes, and this new one next week is going to be the biggest of them all. Definitely go back and try it again after this update. Nowhere near the same game.

It really sucks that either (A) Sony forced them to release before they were ready, or (B) they ran out of money and needed the sales to keep working, because if this next update was released as the initial game it would have been a massive success. It is pretty clear the initial build of the game was not what they planned on releasing.

I've got fleeting experience with what the other 3 updates provided. Whats the difference with this one? 

Completely changes the generation algorithms and flora generation which increases biome variance on planets, adds dozens of new biomes and ways to interact with planets. Adds a full playable third person perspective. Gives you the ability to build a base anywhere you desire. Adds fleet management to your capital ships. Adds multiplayer. 

Bunch of stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Completely changes the generation algorithms and flora generation which increases biome variance on planets, adds dozens of new biomes and ways to interact with planets. Adds a full playable third person perspective. Gives you the ability to build a base anywhere you desire. Adds fleet management to your capital ships. Adds multiplayer. 

Bunch of stuff.

That does sound exciting. I may have to revisit it. To anyone who has played is there still issues like this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

God that game had a high learning curve. I had a B**** of a time figuring out everything I could do in that game. 

A lot of the paradox games have high learning curves imo but once you get them down they are complete time sinks

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

Thinking about it more, because I only came to their games following the launch of EU4, I've actually played less than half the PDX titles,

I totally forgot about Stellaris and Surviving Mars (for some reason I thought PDX were the distributor not the developer, like they are for Cities:Skylines and BattleTech) and I haven't played either of those nor EU:Rome.  I didn't even know they had a strategy game set in Japan

Stellaris is amazing, I've lost months worth of time in that damn game, lol.

8 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Thought I was the only one.. I'm up to 1,050 hours now haha.

Nah, there are plenty of people out there with 1000+ hours.  Florryworry, one of the biggest streamers of EU4, claims to have 19k hours (although I'm not sure that's even possible)

I've played 900 hours and there are still aspects of the game I don't understand :$

Beat another Nancy Drew game. Treasure in the Royal Tower is the worst one yet. I can't decide what's worse, the terrible explanation for why jewels from Maria Antoinette are in Wisconsin, or the fact the game took place in Wisconsin. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

can't decide what's worse, the terrible explanation for why jewels from Maria Antoinette are in Wisconsin,

Did a cat burglar who moonlights as a cheese baron steal them while riding away on a Harley Davidson? 

(Yes those are pretty much the only two non-sports related things I know about Wisconsin xD

• Like 1

Sonic Mania got a really nice DLC addition that adds a nice spin on the game. I honestly think with Mania and the Plus DLC, it might be my favorite game on this entire generation of consoles.

8 hours ago, pwny said:

Sonic Mania got a really nice DLC addition that adds a nice spin on the game. I honestly think with Mania and the Plus DLC, it might be my favorite game on this entire generation of consoles.

ehhhh

I would hope a Sonic game has a spin. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1