Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

14 minutes ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Yep, played it with 3 friends for 130 hours and going to start another campaign next week on the new definitive version.

suggestion on difficulty level for a generally smart person who has played jrpgs, but has no exerpeience with this game.

i dont play online, just with myself

and lone wolf, double lw, or 4 person?

i want the fights to be challenging, but i dont want to get stuck.

also, is there a leveling system?

bosses, etc?

Edited by Malfatron

18 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

suggestion on difficulty level for a generally smart person who has played jrpgs, but has no exerpeience with this game.

I would probably just suggest normal. I've only played it and it was always difficult enough. One of the things about Divinity compared to JRPGs, there are no grind spots, so it's rare the game will become overly easy IMO. 

24 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

From what I've heard Lone Wolf is super OP, but it's getting changed a bit with the new version. If you are open to controlling four people, I'd just do that. It's definitely balanced for four and you get to try more of the abilities!

As a suggestion, don't be afraid to cheese the game. I feel like its a part of the D&D characteristics of the game. 

Oh and for being stuck. The game is a bunch of mini open worlds, so if you ever find a fight too hard, just go elsewhere until you are stronger.

But with that said, you can lose mission items sometimes lol, so be careful. It's generally pretty good, but not flawless at stopping thay from happening.

30 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

bosses, etc?

Yes and yes. 

All in all, just play the game you want. It's a really well designed game. Lone wolf is the only part I would be cautious of. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

@sjfja_fkdldjs - How would you compare DOS2 to Diablo 3? 

Completely different game. Same camera view, but one is turn based and the other is action based.

Divinity is more like Xcom or Fire Emblem in terms of gameplay. Or if you know D&D, itxs built around thay concept, but with heavy emphasis on environmental interactions. (Make an oil pool, then use fire to ignite it.)

But the roaming part outside of the gameplay is like most RPGs. Maybe I would compare it to Betheda games in terms of quests? Go explore, collect quests, some quests even allow you to solve them differently.

Example: Quest - Get Item from Locked Room

You can lock pick it, steal a key from someone, or go through a secret entrance with enemies, etc.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2018 at 8:05 PM, Malfatron said:

bosses, etc?

Is it fun playing the game single player?

Im not a big multiplayer guy, but I am interested in the game. 

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Is it fun playing the game single player?

Im not a big multiplayer guy, but I am interested in the game. 

I haven't played it solo, and I would HIGHLY recommend finding someone to play the game with, but I don't see any reason it would be bad solo. It literally just lets others control the other characters in your party. The game is built for four characters, whether you have friends playing them or yourself is the only difference. It's not like Borderlands where it has to adjust difficulty and stuff depending on how many people are playing because your party will always be 4.

• Like 1

Just finished a Red Dead playthrough to hold me over till 2s release.

While the PS3 was out. Started Saints Row 3. Forgot how fun that game was. They need to reintroduce the series, and make more games like it.

Dont know why more real world styled games arnt brought out with the popularity SR, Mafia, GTA and such have been. And looks like only Red Dead, Yukuza  and Just Cause 4 are the only like that coming in the next couple years.

I just got the call from GameStop, my pre-ordered copy of Spider-Man PS4 will be ready for early pickup Thursday night at 9! Can't wait to play this. 

I plan to wear my Venom shirt to pick up the game just as I wore my DeadPool shirt to buy DeadPool 2 on Blu-Ray.