Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

5 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Gamepass is also on PC. I kind of forgot about PS and Xbox :p. Tell me how it goes, might be playing it with friends sooner or later. 

ah I definitely don't have a PC or any computer for gaming.

So as usual with this thing, before even actually playing I spent HOURS looking into how I wanted to build my characters and such. Finally actually started last night, then restarted today, and am still running into trouble. Here's the thing:

You start out with two characters, and you have to chose what weapon they start with. I went with SMG and Assault Rifle. SMG starts with like, I dunno, 90 bullets. Enough to get through. The Assault Rifle starts with like 15! and you fire in bursts of 3! So I'm cashed pretty much after the first firefight, then you have to move on to more, and you don't really get more that I've come across yet. Maybe a small amount more, like 8. So I just have one dude trying to do the heavy lifting of combat with a freaking SMG, and the Assault Rifle guy, who I INTENDED to be dealing a majority of the damage, has to just hide.

I seriously might have to start over AGAIN. We'll see how this goes.

14 hours ago, DannyB said:

ah I definitely don't have a PC or any computer for gaming.

So as usual with this thing, before even actually playing I spent HOURS looking into how I wanted to build my characters and such. Finally actually started last night, then restarted today, and am still running into trouble. Here's the thing:

You start out with two characters, and you have to chose what weapon they start with. I went with SMG and Assault Rifle. SMG starts with like, I dunno, 90 bullets. Enough to get through. The Assault Rifle starts with like 15! and you fire in bursts of 3! So I'm cashed pretty much after the first firefight, then you have to move on to more, and you don't really get more that I've come across yet. Maybe a small amount more, like 8. So I just have one dude trying to do the heavy lifting of combat with a freaking SMG, and the Assault Rifle guy, who I INTENDED to be dealing a majority of the damage, has to just hide.

I seriously might have to start over AGAIN. We'll see how this goes.

I've heard it was a little buggy? How has it been for you?

Musing over whether to buy a gaming system.  Never be a PlayStation guy; owned Nintendos growing up and have played on Xbox systems owned by friends intermittently since college.  Once it comes out, would an Xbox X be a better choice than a Nintendo Switch?   I have one main draw to each system personally.  If I went Xbox, I could play Fifa online with my best friend rather than having to go over to his place to do so.  If I went Switch, I could play LoZ Breath of the Wild (and eventually its sequel). I'm a big Zelda fan.  I kind of consider those two a wash as far as positives go, so I'm looking for other arguments for and against each system to differentiate. 

3 minutes ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Musing over whether to buy a gaming system.  Never be a PlayStation guy; owned Nintendos growing up and have played on Xbox systems owned by friends intermittently since college.  Once it comes out, would an Xbox X be a better choice than a Nintendo Switch?   I have one main draw to each system personally.  If I went Xbox, I could play Fifa online with my best friend rather than having to go over to his place to do so.  If I went Switch, I could play LoZ Breath of the Wild (and eventually its sequel). I'm a big Zelda fan.  I kind of consider those two a wash as far as positives go, so I'm looking for other arguments for and against each system to differentiate. 

It really goes for what you're looking for in a game. The edge (and IMO it's not even close) goes to PS and Nintendo bc their exclusives blow Xbox's out of the water. I'm not sure if cross platform works in FIFA but you can obviously play that online with a PS. But yeah, Zelda is a huge loss for not going PS along with Mario games. So if you can play online, cross platform, it really boils down to the exclusives IMO.

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It really goes for what you're looking for in a game. The edge (and IMO it's not even close) goes to PS and Nintendo bc their exclusives blow Xbox's out of the water. I'm not sure if cross platform works in FIFA but you can obviously play that online with a PS. But yeah, Zelda is a huge loss for not going PS along with Mario games. So if you can play online, cross platform, it really boils down to the exclusives IMO.

I've never heard of being able to play cross platform online. That's a thing? 

Edit: FIFA does not support this.

Edited by fraziafraze07

2 hours ago, fraziafraze07 said:

I've never heard of being able to play cross platform online. That's a thing? 

Edit: FIFA does not support this.

You can get an xbox and a switch pretty dirty cheap. $200 vs $300 depending on where you look for both. Switch gonna be hard to find but stock is getting ebtter.

I mean there's literally 0 point to buying an xbox rn unless you just wanna play with a friend, Xbox one S is $200-250 but like in less than 3 months it's replacement comes out.

10 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I've heard it was a little buggy? How has it been for you?

It's largely been fine thus far, but one straight-up crash as I was loading a game. Restarted and loaded the game fine afterwards.

But yes I've heard it's pretty buggy too

• Like 1