Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The $40 titles are a thing now, I guess.  Star Wars: Squadrons will be $40, as is this game.  I've always said I would pay scaling money for the kind of game and experience so I'd like to see that kind of dynamic pricing come into play. 

The Crash and Spyro remasters were all also priced at $40 at release. Will be anxiously awaiting future remasters of the Tony Hawk series. They did an incredible job with this one.

• Like 1

Until Dawn was a good game but man, that game control is ancient af. I want to replay it but I can't bring myself to do it bc of how frustrating it is. Pretty cool how many different endings there are. 

Realized I hadn't played a Resident Evil game in a couple decades so I scooped the Gold Edition of 7 to give it a whirl. $15 on eBay so I'm sure it's worth it. Really want to play the VR of this! Maybe one day

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:53 AM, MikeT14 said:

PS2 remakes that they could upgrade and do amazing things with: Kessen/Kessen II, San Andreas or Vice City, SSX Tricky, Zone of the Enders

This. I never grew up with the Tony Hawk games, but my girlfriend did. She's been playing it about every other day when I've gotten home from work, and it really just makes me want to break out SSX. Those were my equivalent from when I was younger.

What are people's thoughts on the Assassin's Creed games?

I was thinking about looking into them.

I remember playing the first one years and years ago, and I didnt really care for it, but I didnt give it much of a chance IIRC.

Just wondering if people would recommend them, and if so, which ones are the best?  

2 hours ago, 43M said:

I remember playing the first one years and years ago, and I didnt really care for it, but I didnt give it much of a chance IIRC.

Just wondering if people would recommend them, and if so, which ones are the best?  

They have changed into more of an RPG over the last couple.

Black Flag was really good, I personally enjoyed Syndicate a lot.
Never got around to Origins, but that was sort of the start of retooling.
Odyssey expands on it with a huge game world.

If you need more meat with combat, I'd suggest Origins and Odyssey.

8 hours ago, 43M said:

Origins, from a gameplay perspective, if one of my favorite games of all time - the combat is just so damn fun and the world is also absolutely breathtaking. However, the story is absolute garbage and hard to follow, IMO. It's worth a play-through but if you're looking for a story driven game then maybe you'd be better off w BF. 

• Like 1

Resident Evil 7 is all kinds of f'd up. I was all pumped to get a VR set and play this to see what it was all about and I'm not sure if I want to do that anymore.

*Spoilers*

That opening fight with Jack was intense. Quit after he blew his brains out in the garage so not sure if I'm done with him yet. I'm guessing not at all. 

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Resident Evil 7 is all kinds of f'd up. I was all pumped to get a VR set and play this to see what it was all about and I'm not sure if I want to do that anymore.

I just started that.  Ish is intense lol I went to the Madhouse first and it scared the hell out of me

9 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I just started that.  Ish is intense lol I went to the Madhouse first and it scared the hell out of me

Glad to know I'm not the only one late to the party lol. I'm gonna go at it some more tonight. Looking forward to it and after I finish it, I'll revisit possibly playing it with VR since I know what I'll be getting myself into.