Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 9/8/2020 at 7:08 PM, flyers0909 said:

How is it now that you've had it for more than just a day?  I really want to get it but can't tell if it'll be the kind of game I play for a weekend for nostalgia sake and then never pick up again. 

I played it for a solid  week, 100% on both Games with Rune Glifburg, and haven't turned my PS4 on since...

It doesn't appear to let me reset all the course goals when switching to a different skater, so I kinda lost steam, and haven't gone back to it.

Still don't regret it though.

Edited by malibuspeedrace

40 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I played it for a solid  week, 100% on both Games with Rune Glifburg, and haven't turned my PS4 on since...

It doesn't appear to let me reset all the course goals when switching to a different skater, so I kinda lost steam, and haven't gone back to it.

Still don't regret it though.

Yeah, I wish they gave you the option to reset all goals rather than just the ability to go back onto the different maps to collect the XP points. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Gonna be a long winter of doing nothing so I just bought Red Dead 2 for $25. Figured this might last me all winter and then some. Looking forward to it.

I think I've reached a point in my life that I can't do these types of games. Just too open and too much that I could possibly do that I feel like I accomplish nothing when I sit down to play. Witcher 3, RDR2, Elder Scrolls types. 

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I think I've reached a point in my life that I can't do these types of games. Just too open and too much that I could possibly do that I feel like I accomplish nothing when I sit down to play. Witcher 3, RDR2, Elder Scrolls types. 

I got more in Fallout 4 than Witcher 3. I get you though; open world are a lot to do. I enjoy it though. I haven't played one since FO4 bc I played it, solely, for over a year. I have a feeling this will be the same way but I'm not doing **** over winter bc of stupid covid so **** it, I'll spend my nights running around the old west. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I've become so limited to games that I only play a handful anymore.  And I used to own a sports gaming site and would buy a lot of new games in general (or was given them due to our relationship with developers.)  I play the Assassin's Creed games, and if we had a Mass Effect game come out, I would drop whatever I was doing to play that since I love the universe.  I've also played through all of the Old Republic characters.  But that's about it.  I probably won't play RDR2, and I haven't finished a GTA game since I don't know when.  

55 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've become so limited to games that I only play a handful anymore.  And I used to own a sports gaming site and would buy a lot of new games in general (or was given them due to our relationship with developers.)  I play the Assassin's Creed games, and if we had a Mass Effect game come out, I would drop whatever I was doing to play that since I love the universe.  I've also played through all of the Old Republic characters.  But that's about it.  I probably won't play RDR2, and I haven't finished a GTA game since I don't know when.  

My biggest issue w/open world games is I get into the story then a boatload of side quests become available where you get to go explore and it's tens of game hours until I get back into the main story quest and forget what I was doing lol. I'm going to try to find the balance w/ RDR2 and being able to do all types of quests w/o forgetting the main story. That will be a challenge based on what I've read about this game.

Got 10 hours 15 minutes in RE7. Fun game! Final boss was fairly easy but I had a bunch of remote bombs so I just loaded em up when the battle started, ran to the back, and blew em up. Might get another play through at some point but I doubt it. Since it's short though, there's a chance. 

Looking forward to starting RDR2 next week!

• Like 1