Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 1/13/2021 at 12:51 PM, Outpost31 said:

Star Wars open-world, story driven game?

Do not **** with me.  If this is some lame *** bull**** where open world means there’s three planets you can go to each with a tiny little area, no character decisions and essentially an action game I will be PISSED THE **** OFF.

**** off, Ubisoft traditionally goes over the top with maps and things to do to the point you want to kill yourself. This won’t be an issue lol

Spider-Man (2018) is pretty much what I wanted a sandbox game to be when I was a kid. The ps1/ps2 Spider-Man games of my childhood were amazing (but limited) when I was that young but this iteration was what I was always hoping for as a kid and never thought I’d get cause no one cared about making single player open world superhero games anymore. 

Ill probably get Miles Morales at a deep discount in the future cause I’m not planning on paying essentially full game money on a game that I hear is more or less DLC 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:58 PM, Spartacus said:

Please note that Luigis Mansion 3 is really short for a 60 dollar game imo. Animal Crossing is great but you have to really like that type of slow game. 

I really am liking dragon quest xi and fire emblem was also amazing. One is a JRPG and the other a tactical RPG though.

I had much more fun when i switched to 2d

People think EA is lazy with Madden? Let me introduce to you, NHL 21. The only thing they did was improve the "Be A Pro" mode some and update the jerseys. They don't even have the Seattle Kraken in the game to choose for expansion in franchise mode. It just says Seattle NHL 21. Like, what the actual eff? 

The rosters will be updated at the end of the week but they did absolutely nothing with the potentials of the players and really only modified ratings on a few guys, if that. Prospects? Borderline exactly the same as they were in NHL 20, potential and rating. Such a waste of friggin' money. Thankfully I waited until I could get it for half off. So pissed.

@Forge @Canadian Saint @flyers0909 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

People think EA is lazy with Madden? Let me introduce to you, NHL 21. The only thing they did was improve the "Be A Pro" mode some and update the jerseys. They don't even have the Seattle Kraken in the game to choose for expansion in franchise mode. It just says Seattle NHL 21. Like, what the actual eff? 

The rosters will be updated at the end of the week but they did absolutely nothing with the potentials of the players and really only modified ratings on a few guys, if that. Prospects? Borderline exactly the same as they were in NHL 20, potential and rating. Such a waste of friggin' money. Thankfully I waited until I could get it for half off. So pissed.

I refused to buy it. Not doing it. Everything I heard was that it was the exact same game and the rosters weren't even fully updated, so I said hell no. I really wish that another developer would target the NHL. EA doesn't have an exclusivity agreement. Someone else put out a damn hockey game.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I refused to buy it. Not doing it. Everything I heard was that it was the exact same game and the rosters weren't even fully updated, so I said hell no. I really wish that another developer would target the NHL. EA doesn't have an exclusivity agreement. Someone else put out a damn hockey game.  

I got the itch and I wanted Holtz and Mercer in the Devils system for the franchise mode but, good lord, could you put any less effort into something? I was getting pissed going through the rosters IRT the potentials of the players. They still have Darcy Kuemper as a "fringe starter" and Wayne Simmonds with "elite" potential FFS. Just a flat out embarrassment of a game.

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah I've heard from mates they do the bare minimum to update the game. Even the physics and gameplay hasn't really been updated in years. EA is the ESPN for hockey related video games. Barely any attention and ignoring the market that is there.

EHM was still the best hockey related game I've ever played. I might have to try Franchise Hockey (or whatever the developers of OOTP make) if I have time.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 7:27 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I loved that DLC.... I just loved that game. One of my top 10 of all time. Those monsters up there were tough! Can't wait for the sequel. 

Playing through Breath of the Wild and everytime I am using my bow and arrow, I just start yearning to play HZD again.

• Like 1

I loaded up HZD yesterday to try to finish the story, but it felt/looked so bad after playing Valhalla (PS5). 

Also I just don't know what it is but the story/world just never gripped me, and now that I don't really remember the beginning or minor characters, I have no desire to keep playing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I loaded up HZD yesterday to try to finish the story, but it felt/looked so bad after playing Valhalla (PS5). 

Also I just don't know what it is but the story/world just never gripped me, and now that I don't really remember the beginning or minor characters, I have no desire to keep playing.

Dang how did you come across your ps5 if you don’t mind me asking?

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Dang how did you come across your ps5 if you don’t mind me asking?

I watched twitter and discord for about 24 hours straight after launch. Eventually I got lucky on the timing of a PS Direct drop. I also got one for my brother through the initial Costco release the day after launch. 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

I watched twitter and discord for about 24 hours straight after launch. Eventually I got lucky on the timing of a PS Direct drop. I also got one for my brother through the initial Costco release the day after launch. 

That’s sick, congrats on that!

Epic Games apparently made Battlefront II free on their store, and the subsequent waves of players crashed the servers multiple times, and they had to upgrade three times before things leveled off.  One YouTuber made a video and said a seven month old video on Star Card kits saw 35,000 views over one day when this happened, where his old videos usually receive 2-3,000 a day, if that.  

All reports over the past couple months since they stopped support for the game and released the final patches are that the player base is pretty good.  One would have to think if they didn't screw up so bad, we might have gotten a Mandalorian season content drop, amongst other things they missed out on. 

This is a microcosm of why they pulled the exclusivity from EA.  

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If graphics are your main deterrent, you missing out.   Story and gameplay were amazing, even if it doesnt look good (even though it still looks great).    

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I haven't bought an NHL game in so many years.  Franchise mode is complete trash due to the money grab that is HUT.  

If you want a franchise experience and like the simming aspect pick up EHM on Steam.  It's similar to OOTP Baseball if you've ever played that but it will scratch that itch to build up the Devils.  It will have all their associated prospects in all leagues and pretty damn good ratings for all of them.  Super customizable too. 

EDIT: Just saw @Canadian Saint already mentioned EHM, listen to him. 

Edited by flyers0909
  • Like 2