Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 1/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, Cheesehawk said:

Move or Die, Golf With Your Friends, & Speedrunners

I've had luck with all three of these with more casual gamer friends. All are pretty easy to pick up

Move or Die looks interesting, but I'm worried that 1-2 people who are experienced at platforming games would just dominate everyone else. Looks like it takes a lot of skill. What was your experience like?

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Move or Die looks interesting, but I'm worried that 1-2 people who are experienced at platforming games would just dominate everyone else. Looks like it takes a lot of skill. What was your experience like?

Yeah, people that are experienced are definitely going to have the upper hand and dominate. Many of the challenges can be pretty tricky. If you’re looking for an even playing field, this isn’t it. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Do I start another Fallout 4 play through with mods or do I save 50 hours of my life?

I am so desperate for a massive open world game with at least okay story elements.

I don’t know why I even considered this.  I got the mod where it quick starts the game after all the intro and everything and I got let out of the pod right away and even then I was like...

I cannot do this again.  All the quests.  All the exhaustive quests.  I might revisit it again someday just so I can use the mod that lets me scrap everything in the settlements, but I just can’t do the same thing all over again right now.

So I got back to Mario +Rabbids or whatever it’s called.  Still fun.

Possibly my favorite non-RPG gaming experience since Pikmin 3.  Eh, maybe that Jurassic Park game I liked more.

I don’t know.  

3 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Random question, does anyone else have that friend who swears they don't care about graphics, but then mentions it like 90% of the time? 

There's a difference between "not caring about graphics" and being able to appreciate very good graphics when they are present. More or less so long as it's not the graphics that are selling someone on the game.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

There's a difference between "not caring about graphics" and being able to appreciate very good graphics when they are present. More or less so long as it's not the graphics that are selling someone on the game.

For my friend, it's actually less about games with good graphics, but his utter need to point out a game has "PS2 graphics" whenever it isn't the latest in graphic technology. He isn't snobby about it by any means, but for someone who likes to claim he doesn't really care about graphics, he talks about it ALOT. Especially when compared to others in our group.