Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

The Medium hasn't impressed me much.  The protagonist so far is just... meh.  I'm tired of these generic main characters a lot of games tend to have.  I wish more developers were willing to branch out with their lead character.  She has no personality whatsoever.  And the whole split-screen nonsense has done nothing for me so far.

But the main thing I dislike about it is the intro/beginning of the game.  It does a terrible job of drawing you in, at least for me.  I don't believe in giving up on a game after an hour or whatever, but I do think it is important that a story try and get you pulled in somewhat in the first couple of hours.  They don't give you a lot of reasons, if any, to really care about what is going on in the beginning of the game.  She just talks to herself about things that don't make much sense to you.

I also hate how the camera is game-controlled.  Very frustrating.

I'll probably play it for a little bit more to see if I like it, but so far a disappointing Xbox exclusive. 

On 1/27/2021 at 6:35 PM, Heimdallr said:

How was Final Fantasy XV?  It is part of the PS Plus pack so I figured I would give it a go. FF7 and FF10 are two of my favorite games ever, but I never really got into any of the others.

Woefully average but there is some good stuff in there. Most of the issues at launch including the terrible 3rd act have been patched. I actually enjoyed the combat direction but the FF7 remake is more my style. If your a fan of final fantasy may be worth giving it a go. 

On 1/23/2021 at 6:06 PM, Outpost31 said:

Do I start another Fallout 4 play through with mods or do I save 50 hours of my life?

I am so desperate for a massive open world game with at least okay story elements.

If you like FO4 and haven't tried FO76 yet, now is the time. Even if all you do is play the main quest lines, I would say it is well worth it. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Woefully average but there is some good stuff in there. Most of the issues at launch including the terrible 3rd act have been patched. I actually enjoyed the combat direction but the FF7 remake is more my style. If your a fan of final fantasy may be worth giving it a go. 

I put about 5-6 hours into it, but nothing really gripped me. Driving around in the car is really boring. Also the main character is really annoying.

I'm waiting for the up FF7 remake to be fully released, and hopefully a PS5 update before I get that one. 

16 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Aight seriously...has anyone beat the final boss in Gears Tactics? I am playing on experienced difficulty and I've been stuck on this SOB for weeks now. 

I've really wanted to get this game, but I don't have an XBox and don't think my PC can handle it. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I've really wanted to get this game, but I don't have an XBox and don't think my PC can handle it. 

I'm running it on ultra settings and my 5 year old rig handles it fine. Only have a GTX 1060 and an old generation i7. Being an RTS high frame rates aren't all that important. Game has a ton of strategy and I've loved my 1st playthrough... but man that final boss fight is insane

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I put about 5-6 hours into it, but nothing really gripped me. Driving around in the car is really boring. Also the main character is really annoying.

I'm waiting for the up FF7 remake to be fully released, and hopefully a PS5 update before I get that one. 

I suggest playing the first ff7 remake. Its simply amazing and the combat really hooked me. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, Heimdallr said:

After you drive to a destination once, you don't need to go through it again and can fast travel. Don't know if you got that far but wanted to make it known