Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I learned it’s important to keep your Switch docked and the controller batteries connected to the Switch and the dock plugged in when you’re done.

Yeah, you have to be more on charging. It's really cool technology, but it still has it's limits.

Picked up Outriders to feed that looter shooter itch. Its pretty good. Doesn't play like Destiny or the Division as much as it reminds me of Diablo 3 or Borderlands. Will be interesting to see what the end game gear is like and if it creates certain playstyles like in Diablo. 

23 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Picked up Outriders to feed that looter shooter itch. Its pretty good. Doesn't play like Destiny or the Division as much as it reminds me of Diablo 3 or Borderlands. Will be interesting to see what the end game gear is like and if it creates certain playstyles like in Diablo. 

I've been playing it because it's on GP but it's a very generic blend of GoW/Doom with loot involved, IMO. 

EDIT - It also has the worst opening level in any video game I've ever played. 

Edited by Scalamania

On 4/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I plan on trying this later. I surprisingly heard a bit of disappointment about it when it was first released, but still, good, but I thought it could be special.

It's.... fine? I couldn't finish it. The story is ****e and the whole point of having 8 characters to go out and find seemed great, but there's so little interaction between them in the world and in battle that there was little point to the game's party.

2 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

It's.... fine? I couldn't finish it. The story is ****e and the whole point of having 8 characters to go out and find seemed great, but there's so little interaction between them in the world and in battle that there was little point to the game's party.

Yea. I think that's what I heard.

22 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I've been playing it because it's on GP but it's a very generic blend of GoW/Doom with loot involved, IMO. 

EDIT - It also has the worst opening level in any video game I've ever played. 

It is generic and it certainly doesn't have the budget of a Destiny but I think it fits more in the Borderlands style games then GOW. Your playing it wrong if your sitting behind cover like in GoW. The gunplay is generic and so far the loot hasn't been that interesting but the same can be said about most loot games outside of endgame legendries. 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

It is generic and it certainly doesn't have the budget of a Destiny but I think it fits more in the Borderlands style games then GOW. Your playing it wrong if your sitting behind cover like in GoW. The gunplay is generic and so far the loot hasn't been that interesting but the same can be said about most loot games outside of endgame legendries. 

It shares a genre with BL but there's really nothing else similar about it. 

It's not a terrible game but it's just, idk boring? 

Anyone ever play DC Universe Online?

Out of sheer curiosity I downloaded it and played for a few hours, and its actually decently fun.    

If youre not a huge DC fan like me, I could understand not caring for it since it doesn't do much special as far as MMOs go....but I will probably play it a little more as I try to get back into gaming.   

Edited by 43M

On 4/5/2021 at 4:30 AM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I plan on trying this later. I surprisingly heard a bit of disappointment about it when it was first released, but still, good, but I thought it could be special.

i still like the battling, storys, and character actions well enough.

hard times for jrpgs for xbone.

just happy to have a playable one.

i really like it.

as good as dragon quest? no.

but really solid imo

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wasn't sure about Far Cry 5 after I started playing a couple nights ago but played a lot last night, got a little more used to it, and it's a pretty fun game. Pretty damn hard right now also. 

Hmmm see this is where I was disappointed. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and once I got leveled up I was just mowing down dudes no problem. Of course it didn't help that I got really good with the attack choppers and could level a stronghold with no issues lol

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Hmmm see this is where I was disappointed. I was playing on the hardest difficulty and once I got leveled up I was just mowing down dudes no problem. Of course it didn't help that I got really good with the attack choppers and could level a stronghold with no issues lol

Yeah, I fully anticipate it getting easier once I level up. Can't think of too many games that don't get that way lol. Right now, I think it's more of me getting a feel for everything. I sure do love that dog though! He's a hell of a companion.