Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Downloaded Days Gone for PS Plus. The controls are kinda wonky and slow. 

The game has a bit of a learning curve. But once you get used to it dealing with hordes is a ton of fun. You're basically going to be running and gunning the entire game. Sort of Doom like but the coolness of the game comes into play when you setup traps and bottlenecks to eliminate mass amounts of the horde. Also the story is pretty good so it's worth playing through.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Downloaded Days Gone for PS Plus. The controls are kinda wonky and slow. 

What Shockwave said basically.

It took me three weekends to try forcing myself to get into the game, but once I did it was extremely fun.

Keep at it and you won’t regret that experience.

• Like 1

Also an underrated part of the game, the bike physics felt spot on. After playing Cyber Punk and it's wonky driving controls I more appreciate how good the driving is in Days Gone. Having to manage fuel consumption and weighing risk/reward of driving long distances added good depth to the experience. It's a game I totally plan on playing through again at some point.

58 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Also an underrated part of the game, the bike physics felt spot on. After playing Cyber Punk and it's wonky driving controls I more appreciate how good the driving is in Days Gone. Having to manage fuel consumption and weighing risk/reward of driving long distances added good depth to the experience. It's a game I totally plan on playing through again at some point.

I agree with the latter part but the controls/steering are taking some getting used to. I feel like it’s delayed from my reaction.  

On 4/8/2021 at 5:47 PM, 43M said:

Anyone ever play DC Universe Online?

Out of sheer curiosity I downloaded it and played for a few hours, and its actually decently fun.    

If youre not a huge DC fan like me, I could understand not caring for it since it doesn't do much special as far as MMOs go....but I will probably play it a little more as I try to get back into gaming.   

I played it like 5 years ago. It was fun but would have been more fun with friends. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I played it like 5 years ago. It was fun but would have been more fun with friends. 

Yeah, for sure.

I am enjoying it, though.      Alot of redundant tasks, but thats an MMO for ya.     Tons and tons of awesome DC content, fan service, easter eggs, cameos, etc....

Even for a non DC fan, this game would be pretty decent.   For a DC fan, however, its really well done.

Biggest issue I have is there are limited character creation options, at least in creating your characters face and body type.     Fortunately, there are a ton of different ways to customize pretty much everything else within the game.  

Anyone playing Outriders? 

I got it from GamePass. I like the core mechanics and it's pretty fun, but the online is a mess. It doesn't feel like it's very fun to play solo and it has been impossible to stay connected to a random party. 

I'm just glad I didn't pay for this. 

On 4/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, MikeT14 said:

I agree with the latter part but the controls/steering are taking some getting used to. I feel like it’s delayed from my reaction.  

Hope you stick with it and don't get too annoyed with the bugs and stupid dialogue from shopkeepers etc lol. 

IMO, it's the most underappreciated game due to it not being finished. As they said, the horse battles are so much fun. Start looking for them after you get introduced to them. The game fails to lead you to them early so then you get so strong that 90% of them are fairly easy. If you find them as an up and comer though, every one will be a very fun challenge. I really liked the story also. Shame they recently announced there will not be a sequel. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hope you stick with it and don't get too annoyed with the bugs and stupid dialogue from shopkeepers etc lol. 

IMO, it's the most underappreciated game due to it not being finished. As they said, the horse battles are so much fun. Start looking for them after you get introduced to them. The game fails to lead you to them early so then you get so strong that 90% of them are fairly easy. If you find them as an up and comer though, every one will be a very fun challenge. I really liked the story also. Shame they recently announced there will not be a sequel. 

I'm playing. Finding and burning these nests without getting overrun with 20 freakers is hard as hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm playing. Finding and burning these nests without getting overrun with 20 freakers is hard as hell. 

This is one of those games that got easier as you progress but it never really became a pushover like a ton of games. Might be one of the reasons I really liked it to go with a great story. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You have to plan it out. Scout out the nest then setup traps and bombs in choke points, and make sure you have some molotovs. Get used to rolling forward and quickly spinning around, unload a magazine, roll, spin etc. But use the bottlenecks to your advantage. Lead the horde to explosive fuel tanks and blow them to hell. 

• Like 1

Does anyone still play Diablo 3? I beat it once near launch and sort of liked it but never really felt motivated to keep playing, but for the last few days I've been playing it again. I started a new game and ran through the story, and the only thing I could think is that it is EASY. I don't know what the best builds are, or have any real gear, but I can't remember my health ever going down once in the whole story on normal difficulty.

I was just a barbarian running around smacking things, and never had a single movement of trouble. About 50% of the way through the story I bumped it up to "hard" and still had no problems. Then towards the end I went to the highest difficulty and still had no problems.... It took more hits to kill enemies and I actually took damage, but never died. 

I remember D2 actually being very challenging when playing solo without god gear, and enemies requiring different strategies to beat. D3 is very satisfying (for a while) to demolish everything, but after a while it is just so boring how easy it felt. 

I don't have the DLC with the next act or the Adventure/Rift modes, so maybe those are where the end game content really is, but in the base game I can't see a reason to keep playing once you beat the story. No point grinding for better gear when you already are OP.

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

You have to plan it out. Scout out the nest then setup traps and bombs in choke points, and make sure you have some molotovs. Get used to rolling forward and quickly spinning around, unload a magazine, roll, spin etc. But use the bottlenecks to your advantage. Lead the horde to explosive fuel tanks and blow them to hell. 

Playing the Sawmill horde might be in the top 5 things I've ever done in a video game. So much fun planning, thinking on the fly, reacting, and I remember when I finally beat it after 30 attempts, I had to take a break and chill for a bit bc my heart was racing lol. I only had experience with one other horde prior bc I didn't know I could find them yet. Wish the game forced you to look for them early on

• Like 1