Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

On 4/14/2021 at 7:54 PM, Heimdallr said:

Does anyone still play Diablo 3? I beat it once near launch and sort of liked it but never really felt motivated to keep playing, but for the last few days I've been playing it again. I started a new game and ran through the story, and the only thing I could think is that it is EASY. I don't know what the best builds are, or have any real gear, but I can't remember my health ever going down once in the whole story on normal difficulty.

I was just a barbarian running around smacking things, and never had a single movement of trouble. About 50% of the way through the story I bumped it up to "hard" and still had no problems. Then towards the end I went to the highest difficulty and still had no problems.... It took more hits to kill enemies and I actually took damage, but never died. 

I remember D2 actually being very challenging when playing solo without god gear, and enemies requiring different strategies to beat. D3 is very satisfying (for a while) to demolish everything, but after a while it is just so boring how easy it felt. 

I don't have the DLC with the next act or the Adventure/Rift modes, so maybe those are where the end game content really is, but in the base game I can't see a reason to keep playing once you beat the story. No point grinding for better gear when you already are OP.

From when I played, you NEEDED new game plus because there are much higher difficulties. There was like another higher difficulty and that difficulty had like 10 more difficulties lol. I think it was called Torment?

But honestly, what I've noticed from these loot RPGs is for some reason, they are extremely easy the first time around. MY friends and I just played Torchlight 3 for the first time and we know that these games are always easy off the bat, so we started at the highest called "Ridiculous" or something. Still extremely easy... I don't understand why they can't just balance the game for first playthrough...

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Started a new Stardew Valley farm with my gf the other day. This game is still one of the goats. 

I got my GF into it a few weeks ago and now she is obsessed. Such  a great game.

I hadn't played it in about a year and love that they keep adding in new stuff

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I got my GF into it a few weeks ago and now she is obsessed. Such  a great game.

I hadn't played it in about a year and love that they keep adding in new stuff

yeah there is a bunch of new stuff I'm excited to get to.

We finished Spring 27 in 2 days haha. I planted potatoes on Spring 22 and we loaded up 28 just to check the money we made and the potatoes aren't done?????? I didn't miss watering I was so mad. Have like 50 potatoes in the ground thats like 5k I feel robbed of

On 4/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, Lions017 said:

Anyone playing Outriders? 

I got it from GamePass. I like the core mechanics and it's pretty fun, but the online is a mess. It doesn't feel like it's very fun to play solo and it has been impossible to stay connected to a random party. 

I'm just glad I didn't pay for this. 

My group just started this.  We actually bought it so I hope they work out some of the kinks.  We played for the first time last night and did the intro and the first mission.  The gun play is fun and it seems like it could be fun as long as they fix the connection issues.  We didnt have any last night so it was a good start.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, Lions017 said:

Anyone playing Outriders? 

I got it from GamePass. I like the core mechanics and it's pretty fun, but the online is a mess. It doesn't feel like it's very fun to play solo and it has been impossible to stay connected to a random party. 

I'm just glad I didn't pay for this. 

They have fixed some of the issues with this and it is actually a very enjoyable game.  Has some tough moments, fun quests, and although the story and acting is bad, it is entertaining enough.  I highly recommend if people are looking for something other than Destiny or Division