Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Are all the Far Cry games as "broey" and patriotic as 5? Don't get me wrong, it's fun as hell, the world is alive and active, and it's still a challenge but it's so cringe at times lol. I'll still play 6 when it comes out and honestly, I'll be excited about it but I just wanted to know if this was the exception or standard. 

On 5/9/2021 at 12:41 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Are all the Far Cry games as "broey" and patriotic as 5? Don't get me wrong, it's fun as hell, the world is alive and active, and it's still a challenge but it's so cringe at times lol. I'll still play 6 when it comes out and honestly, I'll be excited about it but I just wanted to know if this was the exception or standard. 

Nah they all have different themes.  For the most part.  

Far Cry 3 is easily my favorite to this day (I'd imagine most agree).  I have high hopes for 6 though.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Nah they all have different themes.  For the most part.  

Far Cry 3 is easily my favorite to this day (I'd imagine most agree).  I have high hopes for 6 though.

Thanks for the info. This doesn't bother me but I just laugh at the cringe. Like after you liberate a settlement/area/whatever, they pan out and show two people clinking beers at times. I just started laughing lol. 

I'm glad I'm enjoying it though b/c I already have high expectations for 6 and I'm barely 20some hours into my first game I've played of the series. I've heard this one isn't too high on people's rankings so if I'm enjoying this one as much, I'm optimistic for the next

On 5/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Thanks for the info. This doesn't bother me but I just laugh at the cringe. Like after you liberate a settlement/area/whatever, they pan out and show two people clinking beers at times. I just started laughing lol. 

I'm glad I'm enjoying it though b/c I already have high expectations for 6 and I'm barely 20some hours into my first game I've played of the series. I've heard this one isn't too high on people's rankings so if I'm enjoying this one as much, I'm optimistic for the next

FC 3 and FC4 are miles better then FC5. They're all fun but 5 is easily the worst of the 3 and the ending if stupid as hell. 

• Like 1

Far Cry 4 was good but it was toooo much like Far Cry 3 to me, plus it came out the next year IIRC which made its repetitiveness even more obvious.  Definitely better than 5 though, just wish they had held off on it.

No interest in ever playing Primal

Edited by iknowcool

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Far Cry 4 was good but it was toooo much like Far Cry 3 to me, plus it came out the next year IIRC which made its repetitiveness even more obvious.  Definitely better than 5 though, just wish they had held off on it.

No interest in ever playing Primal

I played FC3 when it released and played FC4 probably two years after it released, so it felt new to me when. I actually prefer FC4 over FC3 but I would never argue with anyone who says FC3 is better. 

I agree on Primal. I haven't even given it a thought. 

The bro-dawg attitude is completely intentional. It's just riffing on the culture at the time. Think Robot-Reagan driving a monster truck through the Berlin wall with screaming eagles in the background and Jesus in the upper corner giving the whole scene a thumbs up. It's just parody of 'Murca.

Looks like WB Games is getting broken up in the new Discovery merger/sale.

Wonder which ones go where, I think both AT&T and Discovery have reason to sell whatever ones they retain. AT&T wouldn’t have all the IPs at their disposal anymore and Discovery really doesn’t seem like the company that wants to diversify into the game business.

Explains the weirdness around all those studios lately. Sucks for them all be in limbo:

Is there any reason to think GTA 6 is coming out anytime before 2025?  GTA V was officially announced in 2011 and came out in 2013.  I don't think they would announce GTA 6 in the same year they are sending GTA V to PS5/XSX.  Which means the earliest we might get an announcement is sometime in the Summer of 2022, and using the same timeline as GTA V would put us at maybe a Spring 2024 release or maybe Summer 2024 after it gets inevitably delayed.  But considering how much slower Rockstar moves nowadays (probably intentionally considering how much money 5 still makes them), even that might be too optimistic.

I get GTA 5 still makes them a lot of money and clearly the demand is still there, but its really disappointing.  RDR2 came out 8 years after RDR.  It has been 8 years since GTA V and we don't even have an announcement for it or really any sign that it is on its way.  Sucks for people who don't really want to play GTA Online.  

Yeah Mid-Late 2024 is looking likely for GTA VI at this point. Disappointing. We will probably see an announcement sometime in 2022.

11 years between games is extremely disappointing. 6-7 years would be fine. Even 8 years wouldn’t be too bad. 

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Mid-Late 2024 is looking likely for GTA VI at this point. Disappointing. We will probably see an announcement sometime in 2022.

11 years between games is extremely disappointing. 6-7 years would be fine. Even 8 years wouldn’t be too bad. 

Elder Scrolls Fans:

Join Us GIF by memecandy

• Like 2