Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yep, Remedy.

Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Control all by them.

I played Control. Liked the story a lot but the animation was very 2006 to me. I felt it took away from the game quite a bit. My cousin has talked about Alan Wake a lot. Might give it a shot at some point

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

There are rumblings the next Assassins Creed game is an episodic conglomerate of individual assassins on missions throughout time, including assassins we’ve already seen and played as. Reddit rumor mill said it’ll be like hitman. Also said they’re working on a normal open world traditional AC game as well. It sounds vaguely enticing, despite the whole episodic part of it all. Those types of games to me just feel stale and artificial. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

There are rumblings the next Assassins Creed game is an episodic conglomerate of individual assassins on missions throughout time, including assassins we’ve already seen and played as. Reddit rumor mill said it’ll be like hitman. Also said they’re working on a normal open world traditional AC game as well. It sounds vaguely enticing, despite the whole episodic part of it all. Those types of games to me just feel stale and artificial. 

I'm pretty much done with AC games. I give Ubisoft alot of credit for creating the environments and the historical accuracy. But it was a chore trudging though Odyssey I was so sick of it by the end. Then I jumped into Valhalla way too soon and got burnt out after 20 hours. Deleted it and haven't been back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I'm pretty much done with AC games. I give Ubisoft alot of credit for creating the environments and the historical accuracy. But it was a chore trudging though Odyssey I was so sick of it by the end. Then I jumped into Valhalla way too soon and got burnt out after 20 hours. Deleted it and haven't been back.

Valhalla was too much for me. I finished it but it wasn’t an AC game for me. I was def burned out. But I like the series and Ubisoft. 

• Like 1

It’s been almost a year since I last played single player games like religiously. A Plague Tale and Miles Morales are the only single player games I’ve played this year start to finish. I wonder if I ought to sink back in deeper again. 

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

It’s been almost a year since I last played single player games like religiously. A Plague Tale and Miles Morales are the only single player games I’ve played this year start to finish. I wonder if I ought to sink back in deeper again. 

Dying Light 2 comes out soon.  Not sure if you played the first one or not, but it's really fun!  I think that would be a good single player game to get into when it drops.

On 10/20/2021 at 8:23 AM, Ty21 said:

Depends how they do it of course, but once I got over the shock the last time that rumor made the rounds...it's kinda fine.

Will allow them to hopefully go a little crazier and take out the fluff.

• Like 1

Which console game currently has the most advanced AI?  Mostly curious about the open world combat games.

The newest game I've played is Horizon 1(Not sure if 2 is out yet), and I'll pop on Warzone every now and then. I don't know when Kingdom Come was made, but I played that not too long ago as well. It and Horizon were on that PSNow thing, which is convenient for trying out a bunch of games. So that's most recent interaction with open world AI I've had. Is that level pretty much what I should expect from the other newer games I haven't tried? 

Got to thinking about it when I was watching this video on how far away EDS 6 is. Wondering what they could include to possibly justify the wait and meet the hype. Some sort of groundbreaking AI system would go a long way, but(and maybe I'm ignorant as a casual console gamer) it doesn't seem like that ever happens... Feels like any enemies you encounter aren't going to be so different game to game, and there's no drastic differences between interactions with enemies in games 10-15 years ago and enemies in present day games.

19 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I have been greatly enjoying Back 4 Blood. Very very much so. Anyone else?

Love it! Just have a hard time finding time in my schedule to play with my two buddies.  Not a fan of having to fly solo or play with strangers.  But still having a blast.  Really upset there's no local split screen but that wasn't a dealbreaker.

Hoping to get future DLC content.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I have been greatly enjoying Back 4 Blood. Very very much so. Anyone else?

We were debating on getting this to get us through to Destiny before the next major release in February (we havent played in a while so we have to catch up a few expansions so plan to jump into it in December).  We decided against it but positive reviews are starting to sway me.  How is the replay on it?  It sounded like it was a short game and then you just run it over and over at harder levels.  Is the PVP any good?  Like if we decide to wait until this is a $20 game will we be good or will we miss out if the player base drops?

Side note, we decided to try the Tribes of Midgard.  Not something I would typically play but it was cheap and you can play with 10 bros at once so we gave it a shot.  I must say I am enjoying it much more than I expected to.  Definitely getting my $20 worth out of it but will see if it lasts us another month to get to Destiny. 

22 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We were debating on getting this to get us through to Destiny before the next major release in February (we havent played in a while so we have to catch up a few expansions so plan to jump into it in December).  We decided against it but positive reviews are starting to sway me.  How is the replay on it?  It sounded like it was a short game and then you just run it over and over at harder levels.  Is the PVP any good?  Like if we decide to wait until this is a $20 game will we be good or will we miss out if the player base drops?

Side note, we decided to try the Tribes of Midgard.  Not something I would typically play but it was cheap and you can play with 10 bros at once so we gave it a shot.  I must say I am enjoying it much more than I expected to.  Definitely getting my $20 worth out of it but will see if it lasts us another month to get to Destiny. 

First things first, I don't know what you're playing it on but if you have a PC/Xbox and are taking advantage of Ultimate Game Pass it's free. Has been since launch day.

Game is fun, just mindless zombie killing fun. Sometimes can be hard to get others to play in the same game as you but at the core of it I love it

As far as PVP, I don't know if there is any? It's Left 4 Dead again basically.

At higher difficulties (theres 3) it does get very tough. The second level of it all is even hard admittedly. I am playing on easy and its still somewhat difficult. Nothing is a cakewalk.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

First things first, I don't know what you're playing it on but if you have a PC/Xbox and are taking advantage of Ultimate Game Pass it's free. Has been since launch day.

Game is fun, just mindless zombie killing fun. Sometimes can be hard to get others to play in the same game as you but at the core of it I love it

As far as PVP, I don't know if there is any? It's Left 4 Dead again basically.

At higher difficulties (theres 3) it does get very tough. The second level of it all is even hard admittedly. I am playing on easy and its still somewhat difficult. Nothing is a cakewalk.

We have a group of 5-7 depending on the game and play on PS5.  If it was free, we would have had it by now but unfortunately (well, I would say fortunately) we are PS guys and not X Box.  There is a PVP where one side is zombies and the other hunts them.  Just not sure if its enough to keep us interested for a month (playing about an hour to an hour and a half each night).