2017 Redskins Team Captains

turtle28

Four Announced As 2017 Redskins Team Captains

http://www.redskins.com/news/article-1/Four-Announced-As-2017-Redskins-Team-Captains/b4b051d3-bda4-46ae-b26c-caa538965fb2

Quarterback Kirk Cousinsicon-article-link.gif and tackle Trent Williamsicon-article-link.gif are once again offensive captains, safety D.J. Swearingericon-article-link.gif is the defensive captain and tight end Niles Paulicon-article-link.gif will serve as the special teams captain.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm kinda shocked that Swearinger was named a captain over guy's that have been here for years. I guess that says a lot about our previous leadership on defense.

Normally I would be a bit surprised about it, but he's been a vocal leader since the minute he's walked in that door. Can't hate the choice and think its very smartly done

14 hours ago, BuckleyBoy said:

Normally I would be a bit surprised about it, but he's been a vocal leader since the minute he's walked in that door. Can't hate the choice and think its very smartly done

I definitely don't hate the choice by the players - obviously they decide who their captain are - but I'm still shocked it wasn't Kerrigan or Norman.

46 minutes ago, Slateman said:

So, the Captains consist of

• Free agent in his first year here
  • Dude who has a one year deal
  • Guy who can't pass a drug test
  • Niles Paul (who probably deserves it as the ST captain

I mean ... is it any wonder the franchise is in disarray?

At least the dude that has the one year deal is designated as the franchise player but you definitely bring up good points.

Archived