Joe Haden and the Steelers agree to a 2 year deal

Steelersfan43

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He’s the best they have, but I cannot imagine he’s worth that kinda cash right now...is he? From what I’ve seen of him in Pitt, he seems like an average starter built for a #2 CB role. Am I wrong?

as the season progresses, we will find out if he is worth that deal.  They might have overpaid one of their own players like they often do, but wait and see.  Now that they freed up some cap space,  we can expect the fanbase to once again bring up Peterson21 trades for the other CB opposite HadenxD

13 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He’s the best they have, but I cannot imagine he’s worth that kinda cash right now...is he? From what I’ve seen of him in Pitt, he seems like an average starter built for a #2 CB role. Am I wrong?

To us, yes. He is. Even if he ultimately becomes a #2. His leadership and impact to this defense cannot be understated. We have a lot of young players and while maybe leadership isnt something you should overpay for, for us, it's necessary right now. I am happy with this deal. He isnt a world beating CB but I'd put him top 10-12, he still plays at a high level albeit a little less fast than he once was. He is definitely an above avg starter for sure. He earned every penny of this extension imo. I'm glad it got done.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 12:33 AM, BleedTheClock said:

He is definitely above average, especially in a league where quality CBs are at a premium, but you are right that he would be better as a number 2 CB, but we dont have any standout CBs, so we definitely need Joe.  The price really isnt that bad either.  It's not great, but it's only 2 years.

We havent had a great starter at CB since Rod Woodson.  

• Like 1